Adding AUX fuse block/wires through cab

So, I've searched and found some help.  However, are there any tips for connecting a small 6 fuse block near the main battery?  I'm not quite sure which of the extra taps under the cover to use for +, or if I should even fuse the 8-10" of 4 AWG going to the fuse block.  Plane to mount the fuse panel on top of main battery, and run the negative bus to batt ground post.

Which also has me wondering if there are any connectors out there to make it easier to hook into the factory negative batt clamp.  The screw on the clamp is pretty short, and I don't want to hack off the factory battery clamp to use an aftermarket one.

Also, are there any easier points on passenger side firewall area to push wires through?  Ive seen the driver's door point  and drivers firewall plug that's a pain.  Anyone also know where any grommets are in rear of crew cab to run CB/ham radio antenna wire?

• 3 weeks later...

Here's what I did in mine. Fuse box was purchased on Amazon, along with all connectors and accessories. This allows me to add 7 additional accessories, all of which run off their own relay. Accessory wires run to the connection blocks under the hood, which makes it easier, and the switch wires are all already pre-wired inside the cab. I ran those wires through a small grommet just under the door hinge on the driver side, very easy and I didn't have to cut the big rubber grommet on the firewall like some do. Everything is loomed nice and neat to keep it "factory" looking as much as possible. 

Fuse relay box pass through.jpg

Fuse relay box installed_01.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 3:31 PM, 15BlueSilverado said:

Here's what I did in mine. Fuse box was purchased on Amazon, along with all connectors and accessories. This allows me to add 7 additional accessories, all of which run off their own relay. Accessory wires run to the connection blocks under the hood, which makes it easier, and the switch wires are all already pre-wired inside the cab. I ran those wires through a small grommet just under the door hinge on the driver side, very easy and I didn't have to cut the big rubber grommet on the firewall like some do. Everything is loomed nice and neat to keep it "factory" looking as much as possible. 

Fuse relay box pass through.jpg

Fuse relay box installed_01.jpg

What is the black "plate" that your fuse/relay box & terminal strips are mounted to?  Did you make that??