Hitch recommendation for '21 2500 AT4 towing 13K LB 5th Wheel

I get my '21 Sierra 2500 AT4 tomorrow. I got it so we can get a 5th Wheel Camper. 

Truck is standard bed with 5th Wheel Prep. Trailer is around 13KLB (GVWR is 15,000). What hitch do you recommend for it?

I am leaning towards the B&W slider:

https://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel-Hitch/B-and-W/BWRVK3770.html

Edited by xETERNALx

Congratulations on your new truck!  I just traded in my 2018 Duramax SLT for a 2021 Duramax Denali with a standard bed and 5th wheel prep.  I am also looking at 5th wheel hitches.  The B&W to my eye looks like an excellent choice. 

I was somewhat interested in the Demco autoslider but from my research that would also require an additional component to adapt the slider to a GMC puck system.  This would also add yet another 100 lbs plus.

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Demco/DM6333.html

Thanks for the reply. We went camper shopping and actually ended up not going 5th Wheel. I thought we were set on one, but once the wife saw how big they were, she asked to look at travel trailers. So we got a 37' TT. 

I will post a thread of the truck and camper soon.

11 hours ago, xETERNALx said:

Thanks for the reply. We went camper shopping and actually ended up not going 5th Wheel. I thought we were set on one, but once the wife saw how big they were, she asked to look at travel trailers. So we got a 37' TT. 

I will post a thread of the truck and camper soon.

Thanks for providing the update. Best wishes with your new trailer.

• 3 months later...

I see you have already purchased a TT, but for those looking at a 5th wheel setup with the B&W turnover ball and slider companion. The slider will not work with our trucks in the short bed. I was borrowing my dads camper with a B&W slider. When pulling out of his driveway to make the turn he slides it to the rear to ensure the cab is not contacted. With the GMC the mounting point is more rearward in the bed(dad has a ford). This was not known prior to me pulling out, and although going slow, it still made contact with my bed. Minor damage to the top lip, which i can straighten out, but none the less my heart dropped. Looking at the GMC hooked up it doesn't appear a slider would be necessary for most fifth wheels.

tailgate.jpg

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...