Dash camera and rear cam suggestions.

17 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

Apologize for not seeing this till now.  I am an unfortunate one with a Viofo but I have seen the quality of the Blackvue in person and why I recommended it over the Viofo.  

Everything looks pretty similar.  Adhesive to mount to the windows (make sure you stay OFF the defogger wires) and from their page, looks like nothing additional needed.  You'll need a constant and switched power.  I'm in bed so can't look at which fuses I used but if I recall correctly, I found a couple double blade spots for them.  A bit of searching on here should net you the same results I found

Thanks Rob,  looking forward to getting it installed. 

On 8/19/2021 at 11:00 PM, Liquid Plumber AT4 said:

Thanks Rob,  looking forward to getting it installed. 

I have a BlackVue 2 channel set up. I used a power magic pro for parking mode option. The new camera they came out with eliminates this if you go with that version. I can help with the fuse taps. If you have these options anyways. Constant power fuse from the garage remote, ignition power tap into the heated steering wheel. Use 5 amp fuses for both. Plug the camera fuses into the outer slot, factory fuse to inner slot. Install is easy, save your money having someone do it. Just a little tedious routing the cables through the headliner. 

29 minutes ago, DarkSky20 said:

I have a BlackVue 2 channel set up. I used a power magic pro for parking mode option. The new camera they came out with eliminates this if you go with that version. I can help with the fuse taps. If you have these options anyways. Constant power fuse from the garage remote, ignition power tap into the heated steering wheel. Use 5 amp fuses for both. Plug the camera fuses into the outer slot, factory fuse to inner slot. Install is easy, save your money having someone do it. Just a little tedious routing the cables through the headliner. 

Thank you for the information,  i truly appreciate it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Careful with the always on if you don't drive every few days, have dual batteries, or atleast low voltage protection on the circuit.  My dual camera killed my battery every 7 days; twice now.  Weirdly, the truck can still be jumped at 4 volts....which is awesome.  But nothing like trying to get in your truck, and it's dead.  Going to try the low voltage protection relay first.  Hopefully a dual battery kit with an isolator that can bridge them will come out soon that doesn't require some weird placement.