Intake swap tuning

I recently installed a l86 intake manifold and throttle body onto my l83. Everything I’ve seen recommends a tune after. I don’t have hp tuners to change the parameters I need but the truck runs fine currently without any adjustments made. Would something like a bully dog tuner do me any good at this point? I know they’re just generic downloaded pre set tunes. Would the different TB and Intake not work well with there preset tunes? If anybody has any experience in it or advice that would be great. (Not a lot of tuner shops in the middle of corn field Iowa)

Not really worth while IMO. Get HP Tuners and pay someone to remote tune it. With a little time on their forum you'll quickly see who knows their stuff. 

Proper changes would be to the MAF/VVE tables and then TB area as well. None of that can be done via handheld. Everything that's in closed loop fueling will eventually run decent enough but in open loop, power enrichment, aka WOT, it will never change and that "could" be bad.

Stock PE values are pretty rich though so that's your saving grace from going too lean on the top end. 

1 hour ago, Tech89 said:

Going to just have to get Hp tuners then. Is it 4 credits for the 2018s still? Thanks for the help

4 credits, yep. It's pretty rewarding to do it yourself. But also can be a serious distraction while you're learning. My wife has rolled her eyes many times 🤣

• Like 1