5.3 Exhaust manifold heat shield bolt part number

Hi

I'm replacing my engine mounts at the moment. And because of that, I had to remove the heat shields. Some of the bolts almost snapped, so I want to recut the threads and replace the bolts. Before I start to search for some universal bolts, I wanted to ask if someone is able to get the original part number from the exhaust manifold heat shield bolts.

It's a 2014 Silverado with the 5.3l

I don't see those little bolts listed separate from the manifold. But that really isn't a big deal, you can run to any hardware store or auto parts store and they can just match you up a bolt that is the same thread pitch and length.

I do this all the time at Napa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CamGTP said:

I don't see those little bolts listed separate from the manifold. But that really isn't a big deal, you can run to any hardware store or auto parts store and they can just match you up a bolt that is the same thread pitch and length.

It was just a start, try there and get the part number number and look up the bolts?

14 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

No unfortunately no success

14 hours ago, CamGTP said:

That would be my last try. The problem is that it is important to choose the right material. Otherwise the bolt will corrode in the manifold, or the heat shield will corrode away around the bolt.

• Like 1

I found the partnumber. It's 11588713

Thank you all for your help 🙂

On 9/13/2021 at 3:23 AM, CamGTP said:

Grade 5 or Grade 8 that is coated with some anti-seeze does good. The bolt will outlast the vehicles I'm working on. Half the time we just rip the shields off because they are too far gone to save.

I'm not a huge fan of anti-seize. Especially the ones with metallic parts (like copper anti-seize) because they often lead to corrosion due to electrochemical corrosion when in use with different metals.

And yes, if it would be my old daily driver beater car, then I would do it like this. But with my truck, I want to keep everything in good shape.🙂

IMG_20210914_194404.jpg

Edited by movario
  • Like 1