22 high country order? Any dealers able to help?

Ok so I spoke with one dealer in Texas. They seem to be confused or they could possibly be correct. They are saying ALL 22 high country orders placed right now will have the 21 interior and not the refresh interior? Can any dealers confirm this? They are saying I’m able to order the 22 but only if I want the 21 interior and that the 22 interior won’t be available until next year. I’d like to order it now but obviously want the new interior. Thanks! 

True.  the Sierra 1500 Limited model has been introduced for the 2022 model year, and is effectively a carry over of the 2021 Sierra 1500.  The new version 2022 is not yet available to order. 

Edited by elcamino

On 9/13/2021 at 11:09 AM, KingJ said:

Ok so I spoke with one dealer in Texas. They seem to be confused or they could possibly be correct. They are saying ALL 22 high country orders placed right now will have the 21 interior and not the refresh interior? Can any dealers confirm this? They are saying I’m able to order the 22 but only if I want the 21 interior and that the 22 interior won’t be available until next year. I’d like to order it now but obviously want the new interior. Thanks! 

You sir are the confused one. 

On 9/14/2021 at 1:09 AM, KingJ said:

How early next year? First quarter of 2022?

• 4 weeks later...

I would probably wait for the 2022 new interior they will add a bigger center screen, more technology and probably a better infotamient although price will also increase a couple hundred/thousand. We probably wont see the 2022 until August or October that when GM has been know to launch it new vehicles. With the chip shortage still going on it hard to see when they will start rolling new cars.