16x10’s on a 2003 Silverado z71 1500

I have a 2003 Silverado 1500 z71 and I’m looking for someone who might be able to give me more insight on whether or not 16x10’s will fit on my truck. 

it is 4wd wheel drive and has disc brakes on the front and rear. It also has factory 16 inch rims on it now. 

I’m reading that apparently that only the HD’s and the hybrids came with factory 16’s and mine isn’t, and hasn’t been either. 

I’m just looking for someone who can give me a clearer picture and a more exact answer. I’m reading a ton of different things with conflicting answers. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback! 

3 minutes ago, T_Grant said:

I have a 2003 Silverado 1500 z71 and I’m looking for someone who might be able to give me more insight on whether or not 16x10’s will fit on my truck. 

it is 4wd wheel drive and has disc brakes on the front and rear. It also has factory 16 inch rims on it now. 

I’m reading that apparently that only the HD’s and the hybrids came with factory 16’s and mine isn’t, and hasn’t been either. 

I’m just looking for someone who can give me a clearer picture and a more exact answer. I’m reading a ton of different things with conflicting answers. Thanks in advance for any and all feedback! 

If you look on the inside drivers door panel around where the lock assembly is, you will see a print out of what tire size your truck came with or you can do a vin number check.  Just so you know though, my 2004 GMC sierra says 16 inch on the door but came with 17s at the time when I bought it.  I have a 99 (new style) that came with 16s.

6 hours ago, T_Grant said:

You're going to need to trim, they are going to rub and you will definitely need to lift the truck to get that wide of a tire in there.  Those will kill your gas mileage.

Most folks with these trucks looking for bigger wheels opt for an eight or nine inch wide wheel in either 17" or 18" or 20" diameter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sharpz said:

If you look on the inside drivers door panel around where the lock assembly is, you will see a print out of what tire size your truck came with or you can do a vin number check.  Just so you know though, my 2004 GMC sierra says 16 inch on the door but came with 17s at the time when I bought it.  I have a 99 (new style) that came with 16s.

The inside panel says that it came with 16s. So does that mean that if I opted for the 16x10 rims that I shouldn’t have fitment issues from the caliper?

15 hours ago, T_Grant said:

The inside panel says that it came with 16s. So does that mean that if I opted for the 16x10 rims that I shouldn’t have fitment issues from the caliper?

as stated by SD and Cam, the issue you will have is rubbing not your caliper or rotor.  

• Like 1