Headliner removal in 2019 crew cab silverado

I remove the panels right next to the rear glass, the handles on the ceiling, and tug down the rear of the headliner (gently) there are two plastic retainers that snap into the roof that you can pop out with a trim tool. Then I use a ratchet to remove the (8?) 10mm nuts and the 4 10mm bolts holding the spoiler in. Be careful not to crease the headliner though. 

Can't thank you guys enough for the info. I read through all 223 pages (yes, every page) of the other rear window leaking thread. Some horror stories in there so I am going to attempt to do this myself when I get home (I work overseas). I have been looking to purchase the recommended Kent seam sealer online, but looks like you need a business license to order from them(could be wrong though). I registered on there site to see if they would sell it to me, still waiting on a reply. If they don't, any recommendations for what sealant to use. Thanks again. Shame we have to take care of this ourselves. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2021 at 9:25 PM, oilfieldtrash73 said:

Can't thank you guys enough for the info. I read through all 223 pages (yes, every page) of the other rear window leaking thread. Some horror stories in there so I am going to attempt to do this myself when I get home (I work overseas). I have been looking to purchase the recommended Kent seam sealer online, but looks like you need a business license to order from them(could be wrong though). I registered on there site to see if they would sell it to me, still waiting on a reply. If they don't, any recommendations for what sealant to use. Thanks again. Shame we have to take care of this ourselves. 

The correct sealer is a solid window tbh, most sealers dont hold, mine lasted a whole 6 months. The design sucks and the tsb is a complete joke. They need to just stop offering sliders at all or make it a stand alone option not in a package like moon roofs should be.

Solid window looks better too

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My 2019 RST Silverado has been leaking since day 1. They will not buy it back. As of today 2-4-2022 my rear window/light bar is leaking again. In the beginning months of 2020 I had the truck in and out of the service department at the dealership where I purchased the truck. The forth time the truck was in there they replaced, or said they replaced, the rear sliding window because there is a bulletin about some bad windows being installed in the early part of 2019. They also had to replace the carpet due to the water damage. Here it is 2022 and the truck was back in the service department in January for the same water leak. This time the headliner is getting ruined. They halfway cleaned it instead of replacing it. Here it is 4 weeks later and the headliner is soaked again. Water running down the rear window and down behind the seat. Dropping the truck off Monday 2-7-2022 to have them try again. The headliner is ruined but I do not trust them to take out the windshield to replace it. I called a lawyer to see what my options are and I hope they can help to resolve this lemon of a truck. It only has 9,000 miles on it.