Windshield Washer Bottle/Pump - 2015 Silverado V-6.

I had to replace a driver side headlight.  This required that you pretty much disassemble almost the entire truck, including the optional battery tray, 

the wheel well shroud, the entire grill assembly and the top part of the bumper ... AND the windshield washer reservoir bottle.

All done, all parts replaced.  But now the WASHER LEVEL SENSOR says there's "NO WASHER FLUID" .... but it's completely full.  Need to identify WHERE this sensor is ... and beat it with a large hammer till it works again.

But I can't seem to get the bottle OUT now.  All top bolts are out.  Can't see another one.   I need ADVICE as to WHERE that final bolt is under the bottom.   I see just ONE bolt, but

it doesn't SEEM to have anything to do with the water bottle.  If I take that bolt out, the engine just may fall out.   HELP!!

Edited by DorkyDan

1 hour ago, CrawlSlow said:

Double check and make sure you connected everything properly. Take your time.

Better yet, go have 1 or 2 bottles, go check after a rest. You will be like, why is that harness chilling by itself... 

I've done that and it works 😉 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DorkyDan said:

I had to replace a driver side headlight.  This required that you pretty much disassemble almost the entire truck, including the optional battery tray, 

the wheel well shroud, the entire grill assembly and the top part of the bumper ... AND the windshield washer reservoir bottle.

All done, all parts replaced.  But now the WASHER LEVEL SENSOR says there's "NO WASHER FLUID" .... but it's completely full.  Need to identify WHERE this sensor is ... and beat it with a large hammer till it works again.

But I can't seem to get the bottle OUT now.  All top bolts are out.  Can't see another one.   I need ADVICE as to WHERE that final bolt is under the bottom.   I see just ONE bolt, but

it doesn't SEEM to have anything to do with the water bottle.  If I take that bolt out, the engine just may fall out.   HELP!!

Pull the driver's fender wheel well out and turn the wheel either full left or right.  The tank will come out from the wheel well and not from up top.  

Should be a bolt at the bottom, one under the batt tray area and one near the top of the neck.  Level sensor is on the front side of the tank (behind the bumper).  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1