Transmission Temp

5 hours ago, elcamino said:

No, they claim they do not make special fluids for racers, its the same fluid they sell to anyone.   What so hard to believe that certain lubes perform better than others. 

They do....I just gave you the link to the AMSOIL Race ATF. 

:nonod:

Wrong question. Certain fluids do perform better than others. Both AMSOIL and Red Line make PAO/Ester fluids that are far better than a Group III "Synthetic" but both companies also make heavier fluids for Racing. Red Line actually makes several depending on the heat it will see. ALL are PAO/Esters. Viscosity matters and the OEM spec 6 cSt @ 212 F is far from enough for 350 F.  Sir I have 40 years in the oil/gas/chemical business. I've made the stuff....

Question is why do you believe race trucks use stock parts and fluids specifications. Fact is he told you it wasn't stock!

That box wouldn't last 20 minutes with the OEM spec fluid in it at those temperatures sustained. If they say it (A 6 cSt fluid) ran for hours over 350F and looks like new...Liars. 

• Like 1