Modifying/reshaping the wheel liner for an aftermarket bumber

I bought a new bumper for my 2020 Chevy 2500 HD for a winch and the wheel liner is hanging down below the bumper.  Is there a way to reshape the felt liner rather than just cutting it off.  I’m in the upper Midwest, Minnesota, Wisconsin and the snow /salt is simply too much without the wheel liner.  Any ideas or experience on how to accomplish this 

Will be following along on this.  Put a ranch hand bumper on my 2020 a couple weeks ago and have wheel liner hanging about 4-5 inches below the bumper.  Has to be a way for a clean transition without cutting the liner, but I have not seen anything yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 11:02 AM, CT Chevy Connoisseur said:

I just trimmed mine - don't notice any real impact as far as road debris being in the front.

IMG_6253.jpg

Greetings   Do you have any pictures of the bumper?   Just wondering what the measurements are at the end of bumber?  <aybe just providing the bumper make and style ?  I could look up the demensions then?    I still have not installed the other bumper.    The one I recieved had an issue and they are sending me a new one when they get it made.