What's missing from the 2022 Silverado lineup?

I have watched videos and read articles, but heard/saw no mention of the 2022 (non-Limited) Custom trim. Will there be Custom and Custom Trail Boss trims with the new face lift?

Videos I've watched say the new interior is available on "all trim levels" but only list LT, Trail Boss, RST, LTZ, HC, and ZR2, but not WT or Custom. There were spy shots showing either a Custom or WT with the current interior. Is that a "Limited" i.e. current-style? Will the new WT and Custom receive the redesigned interior, or will those still be the current design? If the latter, that would be disappointing.

Finally, in all the interior shots I've seen, none appear to have dash power outlets (12v nor 110v), nor any space for them. Have these been deleted, or moved to some other location?

Can't wait to actually see one in person, if and when they show up next Spring.

1 hour ago, UncleDave said:

I have watched videos and read articles, but heard/saw no mention of the 2022 (non-Limited) Custom trim. Will there be Custom and Custom Trail Boss trims with the new face lift?

Videos I've watched say the new interior is available on "all trim levels" but only list LT, Trail Boss, RST, LTZ, HC, and ZR2, but not WT or Custom. There were spy shots showing either a Custom or WT with the current interior. Is that a "Limited" i.e. current-style? Will the new WT and Custom receive the redesigned interior, or will those still be the current design? If the latter, that would be disappointing.

Finally, in all the interior shots I've seen, none appear to have dash power outlets (12v nor 110v), nor any space for them. Have these been deleted, or moved to some other location?

Can't wait to actually see one in person, if and when they show up next Spring.

They just didn't choose to reveal them yet.

WT, Custom and Custom TB get new front ends.  They keep the same interior however.  LT and up get the new setup, and this was confirmed even in GM's release on the 2022 refresh.  

Chevrolet Introduces Redesigned 2022 Silverado with Major Enhancements

Fully redesigned, new premium interior on LT and above with standard 13.4-inch-diagonal color touchscreen and elevated exterior design refresh across lineup 

All-new interior appointments
Silverado has a refreshed interior on the LT trim and above, incorporating new materials into a design that gives the cabin a spacious and more premium feel.  

The 2022 "Limited" trucks are identical to the 2021 trucks.  the 2022 "new" trucks are all the refreshed designs.  

Electrical ports most likely have just been moved/rearranged.

The picture from the GM parts catalog that's been circulating for months gives you an idea on the WT/Custom/CustomTB front design.  Still has the "CHEVROLET" on the grille, but its moved up like the bowtie is on the new higher up trims.

20222.thumb.png.d96e1120e00e5ca69611abf2e283b4fe.png

Edited by newdude

21 hours ago, newdude said:

They just didn't choose to reveal them yet.

WT, Custom and Custom TB get new front ends.  They keep the same interior however.  LT and up get the new setup, and this was confirmed even in GM's release on the 2022 refresh.  

Chevrolet Introduces Redesigned 2022 Silverado with Major Enhancements

The 2022 "Limited" trucks are identical to the 2021 trucks.  the 2022 "new" trucks are all the refreshed designs.  

Electrical ports most likely have just been moved/rearranged.

The picture from the GM parts catalog that's been circulating for months gives you an idea on the WT/Custom/CustomTB front design.  Still has the "CHEVROLET" on the grille, but its moved up like the bowtie is on the new higher up trims.

20222.thumb.png.d96e1120e00e5ca69611abf2e283b4fe.png

A bit disappointing about the WT/Custom/CustomTB interiors, but not surprising. WT isn't aimed at the general consumer anyway, LT is the starting point for most. I like the front-end refresh, however.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2021 at 7:52 AM, UncleDave said:

A bit disappointing about the WT/Custom/CustomTB interiors, but not surprising. WT isn't aimed at the general consumer anyway, LT is the starting point for most. I like the front-end refresh, however.

I absolutely detest sharing anything from GMAuthority (they can suck my nether) but here are some of the lower trim 2022 refresh trucks.

WT - Refreshed 2022 Silverado Work Truck 1500: First Photos (gmauthority.com)

Custom Trail Boss - Refreshed 2022 Silverado Trail Boss 1500: First Photos (gmauthority.com)

Looks like the Trail Bosses and the ZR2 get the hood dome.  Not sure I like that.  Should have been ZR2 only.  

Edited by newdude