MEMORY SAVER 2017 SILVERADO

Hi,

Looking for some suggestions for saving my 2017 Silverado memory for radio presets, and apparently there's some systems related to driveabilty that need to be kept, as well?

I've seen some items online that plug into the scan tool port, and some that plug into the auxiliary power outlet (cigarette lighter port).  Anybody use any of these with success, and can recommend a specific type?

Thanks

Dennis

I had the same concerns when I was recently going to replace my almost 6 year old battery for peace of mind. I almost bought a device that would plug into the OBDII port but decided not to after advice from this forum. After pulling the old battery out and installing the new battery, nothing changed and all presets were still there. Initially the radio came on, it was on station 87.x ( whatever the very first radio channel was ) and I heard static. But a quick check showed the presets were still there and worked. The only thing that happened out of the ordinary was I got a message on the DIC telling me to roll down my window and roll it back up. 

3 hours ago, mikeyk101 said:

I had the same concerns when I was recently going to replace my almost 6 year old battery for peace of mind. I almost bought a device that would plug into the OBDII port but decided not to after advice from this forum. After pulling the old battery out and installing the new battery, nothing changed and all presets were still there. Initially the radio came on, it was on station 87.x ( whatever the very first radio channel was ) and I heard static. But a quick check showed the presets were still there and worked. The only thing that happened out of the ordinary was I got a message on the DIC telling me to roll down my window and roll it back up. 

I have seen/heard of this message displaying on various GM vehicles, but I'm not sure what purpose it has. I recently replaced the camshaft cover on a 2013 Cruze and when I put the negative terminal back on, the message appeared when I started the car.

3 minutes ago, steelerdude15 said:

I have seen/heard of this message displaying on various GM vehicles, but I'm not sure what purpose it has. I recently replaced the camshaft cover on a 2013 Cruze and when I put the negative terminal back on, the message appeared when I started the car.

Im not sure either. It only appeared that once and after performing the function  I haven't seen it again.

Thanks for the reply and sharing your experience. Gives me some piece of mind about doing the replacement myself. Your information confirms what was told to me by the dealer’s service department when I inquired.
When I was researching a purchase, “professional installation “ was recommended. Doesn’t look like too difficult of a job, but the potential memory issue was a concern. No longer! Thanks again!