P0050-00 wheel speed sensor circuit

So I’ve been getting this code popping up from time to time. Usually when I hit a hard bump. I unplugged the harness on both right side plugs. I haven’t actually gone underneath to see if it’s a broken wire but I do know that the wheel speed sensors aren’t broken off and are still ok. I need to get out and tug on the lines to see where they’re goofed up at. I also have a front wheel bearing noise that I’ll address later on but want this stupid code to go off so the I don’t have to keep switching it off so I can see my display screen. It’s on a 2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4wd and have had a few other wiring issues so I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a pinched wire up front.

On my 2004 there is a speed sensor attached to each wheel bearing/hub for the ABS.  If you have a wheel bearing going out or bad maybe this is why you are getting this code.  Also there is a tab that holds this speed sensor wire in the housing assembly.  With excessive vibration maybe yours popped out of this tab and is rubbing on the rotor?  I had to zip tie mine after replacement.

• 1 month later...
On 10/19/2021 at 5:18 AM, Sharpz said:

On my 2004 there is a speed sensor attached to each wheel bearing/hub for the ABS.  If you have a wheel bearing going out or bad maybe this is why you are getting this code.  Also there is a tab that holds this speed sensor wire in the housing assembly.  With excessive vibration maybe yours popped out of this tab and is rubbing on the rotor?  I had to zip tie mine after replacement.

There is on this one too. The wheel bearings are part of the hub and must be changed as a complete set and comes with the wheel speed sensor already in it .