Front camera, plug and play?

Can the factory front camera be added plug and play, or is there more required?  Saw a video where a guy said they were plug and play and the wires were pulled to the passenger side kick panel and plugged in, he also showed pulling up the menu to add it.  Wondered if any type module is needed?

22 hours ago, shadow gray 2020 hd said:

Can the factory front camera be added plug and play, or is there more required?  Saw a video where a guy said they were plug and play and the wires were pulled to the passenger side kick panel and plugged in, he also showed pulling up the menu to add it.  Wondered if any type module is needed?

Do you have the link of the Video?  I would love to add the camera to the front end but I suspect you will need the upscale informat system atleast.  I have a IOR so I think I am out of luck but I would like to review the video for options.

I do have the ios infotainment system.  That was not the same video that I watched.  This is the one I watched, kind of confused a little as to whether the echomaster intellihaul module/system is factory? 

Edited by shadow gray 2020 hd

The base InteliHaul system 2.0 is $1200

image.thumb.png.dc6289697a084a87be0ab15e66e5327d.png

Add on Front Camera add on is $150

image.thumb.png.13250d6b5695945345afd2e64f114e4b.png

Add on Wireless Trailer is $408

image.thumb.png.26666ddfc091a32f0de9e25fecae5e4a.png

I wonder if it will work with an IOR system, that does add up to a pretty penny.

15 hours ago, KTDanforth said:

The base InteliHaul system 2.0 is $1200

image.thumb.png.dc6289697a084a87be0ab15e66e5327d.png

Add on Front Camera add on is $150

image.thumb.png.13250d6b5695945345afd2e64f114e4b.png

Add on Wireless Trailer is $408

image.thumb.png.26666ddfc091a32f0de9e25fecae5e4a.png

I wonder if it will work with an IOR system, that does add up to a pretty penny.

Yeah, that would be a bit too expensive, would be better off adding a dash cam system with add on cam to the grill.  I don't see anything on my build sheet showing the intellihaul system, so don't guess I have it.  I do have the module for tpms.  Guess I may contact echomaster and give them my vin.  

• 1 year later...
On 10/30/2021 at 7:40 AM, shadow gray 2020 hd said:

Yeah, that would be a bit too expensive, would be better off adding a dash cam system with add on cam to the grill.  I don't see anything on my build sheet showing the intellihaul system, so don't guess I have it.  I do have the module for tpms.  Guess I may contact echomaster and give them my vin.  

What did you find out?  I am the same way, I have TPMS for trailer but I don’t know about Echomaster 

I just got my truck today, and it's hella cold to the point I don't want to dive into it. So I really don't know what's all controlling stuff. My truck has bed view and two trailer camera provision, and I don't know how signals are processed in an OEM way. I would like to add a front camera, also.

I noticed White Automotive has (V)ideo (P)rocessor (M)odule programming. So clearly there is hardware, but IDK *what* functions it controls-maybe anything from a simple low-res backup camera to HD Surround Vision (programming and hardware-dependent). I couldn't imagine there is a separate VPM for certain functions and an EchoMaster VPM for other functions. So I wonder if EchoMaster is providing the VPM to GM AND selling it for aftermarket installs.

I will probably contact WAMS at some point and see what's possible. Don't know about sourcing side-view cameras on mirror bottom, as I don't see EchoMaster offers them separate (in the event the OEM VPM can accommodate the other cameras). Or if someone else finds out, I'd sure like to know.