No traction control, but no warning lights

Hello all, apologies if this is in the wrong area. 

I bought a 2018 1500 LS double cab 4x4 used.  I noticed I have no traction control on the rear wheels yet no lights are lit on the dash.

I can cycle the stuff off and on by pressing the button, but when the lights are off traction control still doesn't seem to be working. 

Do I need to try a scanner? 

20 minutes ago, Lftwfls said:

Hello all, apologies if this is in the wrong area. 

I bought a 2018 1500 LS double cab 4x4 used.  I noticed I have no traction control on the rear wheels yet no lights are lit on the dash.

I can cycle the stuff off and on by pressing the button, but when the lights are off traction control still doesn't seem to be working. 

Do I need to try a scanner? 

Welcome to the site.

Check for the fuse to see if it is still in the under hood FB. If it is present (some people take them) make sure it is good.

Just a guess as where to start.

Traction control can not be tuned out. The button on the dash still has to be pressed to turn it off completely.

I can burn rubber with traction control still on just a fyi. It really start to act up if it wet out or snow on the ground because the wheel speed increases much faster and it kicks in.

I will check those fuses first thing in the morning. It only rains once every 6 months here so its usually not an issue, but the tires were waaaaaay too easy to spin today. I have not lit them up and kept em spinning to see if something kicks in later. I will try tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, Lftwfls said:

I will check those fuses first thing in the morning. It only rains once every 6 months here so its usually not an issue, but the tires were waaaaaay too easy to spin today. I have not lit them up and kept em spinning to see if something kicks in later. I will try tomorrow.

It only rains 6 months a day here in Seattle (think about it), if it were working, you would know.

Took off from a stop light yesterday, the "nannies" kicked in, truck fell on it's face. Thought I had a Bow Tie impression from the steering wheel  on the side of my head as I went forward at 3 or 4 G's when power was reduced to stop wheel spin.  

Edited by JimCost2014
  • Haha 1