1 hour ago, kmeleon said:

Did they follow the directions to the T? Did they do the crankshaft relearn procedure? Ask them to do that one more time, I've seen where someone in here said the first time they did it it didn't fix it. 2nd time they did the relearn it fixed it

Thank you.  I’m bring it back next week.  If all else fails I’ll have them try this.

1 hour ago, Mcropper514 said:

so I had the ECM updated on mine while in for an oil change last week and it has totally solved my issue.

I was very clear about them making sure they did the ECM flash and the crank relearn. 

Interesting.  Mine goes in next Tuesday now.  I’m going back to the dealer I bought it from this time.  The dealers by me are kind of crappy.  I’ll be sure to tell them to try this.  Thank you for the info.

• 1 month later...

A 2 degree rear axle shim solved all of my “shudder” issues and she’s as smooth as butter again.  

I ordered steel shims from WFO concepts and had the dealer throw them in.  

That GM 2” lift that I had installed ended up throwing off my driveline angles just enough to give me a weird vibration.  

So happy it’s figured out and fixed.  I love this truck again.  I hope this information can help someone having similar characteristics with their truck.  Thank you all.

Edited by Matt Grz
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Matt Grz said:

So I finally found a dealer that doesn’t play the “can not duplicate issue” game.  Anyone looking for a decent service department at a dealer in northern Illinois check out Napleton GMC in Crystal Lake.  

A 2 degree rear axle shim solved all of my “shudder” issues and she’s as smooth as butter again.  

That GM 2” lift that I had installed ended up throwing off my driveline angles just enough to give me a weird vibration.  

So happy it’s figured out and fixed.  I love this truck again.  I hope this information can help someone having similar characteristics with their truck.  Thank you all.

I use to live in Highland Park and work in Lake Zurich.  Crystal Lake is a bit of a hike outside of Chicago.  Sometimes good places are worth the trip. 

• Like 2

On 12/31/2021 at 4:56 PM, Matt Grz said:

So I finally found a dealer that doesn’t play the “can not duplicate issue” game.  Anyone looking for a decent service department at a dealer in northern Illinois check out Napleton GMC in Crystal Lake.  

Who did the lift installation?