Amp install issues

23 minutes ago, LLJ Customs Support said:

Hi Tim, we are trying to stay proactive and get back to everyone so let see if I can help you out. If you want to know where the chimes and signa chime end you can set up a Multimeter up to the white and white black on the harness's (signal Side) and turn the radio down and the turn signal you should see a spike in voltage (AC) when the signal pings.

If this is in the harness up to the processor or amp, it could be that it is tuned out by a low pass filter or may be disabled in the hmi. The loop harness is dumb it is simply a fancy tap that extends your connection point and saves you time and money. Hope this helps ! 

I actually contacted LLJ directly several months back and got no response but figured it out after also contacting WAMS, Kicker, and AudioControl. There was a change from the 19-20 to 2021+ ios radios (and maybe other variants). 21+ require a load generating device/resistor for the radio to see everything as normal and chimes to function. I contacted kicker after seeing they changed the GM factory sub add on part number. The change was the addition of an inline resistor to their harness. Hope this helps.

35 minutes ago, tarringt said:

I actually contacted LLJ directly several months back and got no response but figured it out after also contacting WAMS, Kicker, and AudioControl. There was a change from the 19-20 to 2021+ ios radios (and maybe other variants). 21+ require a load generating device/resistor for the radio to see everything as normal and chimes to function. I contacted kicker after seeing they changed the GM factory sub add on part number. The change was the addition of an inline resistor to their harness. Hope this helps.

Awesome yes this is a solution on the new ethernet 6 radios. Glad that was figured out.  Thank you for the feedback 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 9:23 PM, tarringt said:

Did you ever find resolution to this issue?  I have a similar predicament; installed LLJ loopback harness with audio control amp ~8 months ago; everything worked great.  I just installed the WAMS radio upgrade and everything works, except now I have no turn signal/chimes sounds.  Everything else works.  I unplugged the loopback harness and reconnected factory plugs and I had turn signal sound again.  I also noticed that if I get in and just turn on the ACC and don't start the motor the hazards make sound, but as soon as I start the motor, silence.

I was able to fix the chime issues by installing these inline with the front dash speakers:

https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/accessories/ac-lgd/

Another person on this forum was troubleshooting the same issue and we were PM'ing back and fourth. He was also able to resolve the chime issue with the part linked above.