New 4" Lift And Tires Question?

So I just ordered the Readylift 4"SST lift and Nitto 33"x12.5 Ridge Grapplers. This is going on a 2018 1500 4x4custom. I plan on using the OEM wheels until I can save up for aftermarket. Will it work if I use a 1/2" spacer until then? I don't know what the offset is on the OEM wheels. I went to Readylift's site and looked at the tire fitment tab. This is what it says:

33" Maximum tire diameter

33x11.50 for no rub on a 9" wide wheel with +6 offset

18" - 295/65R18

20" - 285/60R20

22" - 285/50R22

When lifting a vehicle and installing aftermarket wheels and tires, a tire manufacturer's construction and material quality can alter vehicle ride quality. When increasing a vehicle wheel and tire size, most larger aftermarket truck and SUV tires are 8-ply (or more) E tires compared to typical OEM 6-ply C tires. This more rigid sidewall construction increases the perception of suspension stiffness often described as ride harshness. The ride, handling, traction, noise, fuel economy, and wear differences between All-Season, All-Terrain, Mud-Terrain, or Trail-Terrain type tires can be significant. Please take into account tire and wheel choice will generally have a meaningful impact on the ride & handling experience.

The problem isn't your wheels, its your tires that are in question. Which measure 12.5" on a 10 inch rim. Ready lift says a tire that 11.5" wide on a 9" wide rim (with their wheel spacer) clears.

I think your tires width and diameter will end up being larger then spec. Tire width shrinks a little bit going on a smaller rim, but.. all that extra width has to go somewhere so I would think diameter would increase? Really you need to put it on to find out, or find someone else who has tried this exact setup. 

Most likely your stock wheels have offset around +18 - +24. It would help if you listed what wheel it is.

*edit*

Wow, they don't recommend you use 4hi. Did you see that?

Edited by M1ck3y

15 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

The problem isn't your wheels, its your tires that are in question. Which measure 12.5" on a 10 inch rim. Ready lift says a tire that 11.5" wide on a 9" wide rim (with their wheel spacer) clears.

I think your tires width and diameter will end up being larger then spec. Tire width shrinks a little bit going on a smaller rim, but.. all that extra width has to go somewhere so I would think diameter would increase? Really you need to put it on to find out, or find someone else who has tried this exact setup. 

Most likely your stock wheels have backspacing around +18 - +24. It would help if you listed what wheel it is.

I just know its a 20" wheel. How do I find out the width?

21 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

Google. 9" wide +27 offset. I don't see backspacing there, but you'll find it through google.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/chevrolet/silverado/2018/

This is my go-to for factory wheel off sets:
https://performancelifts.com/wheel-back-space-information.html

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1