P0523 Oil pressure sensor fixed, came with a bunch of new codes

30threeDegree

Question

I had a P0523 code on my 2011 Chevy Silverado and replaced the sensor/filter yesterday afternoon. I didn’t take the whole intake manifold off to get to the sensor, just removed a vacuum line to give me a little more room reaching to the rear. After replacing the sensor I went to start my truck to verify the repair worked (my oil pressure had been reading 0) and noticed a real rough idle for a few seconds before the engine stalled. 

Ran for codes again and now have P0443, P0102, P3401, P3425, P3441 and P3449. I went back through making sure I didn’t disconnect any plugs on accident. What could I have messed up to cause all these error codes to come up at once? And how do I fix it?

10 answers to this question

I'll be doing this job on my truck soon. 117k miles. Oil pressure started trending very low compared to usual a few thousand miles back, and has been trending lower pretty quickly. I've owned mine since day 1, and run nothing but the best oils available once broken in.  I suspect my issue is the #2 cam bearing walkout based on the amount of metal in my oil analysis, but going to replace the pickup tube o-ring since it's such a common failure point. Going to check the screen just in case, too, even though I probably have the cleanest engine out there. 

I'll be installing one of these to keep that o-ring issue from happening again: https://www.ictbillet.com/ls-billet-oil-pump-pickup-girdle-tube-pipe-hold-down-brace-support-ls1-ls3-ls2.html

I'll also be shimming the oil pump pressure spring, and might give the one in the pan a whack or 2 as a preemptive strike to keep pressure a bit higher than normal. While everything is apart, I'll throw in the shield that's in the oil burning TSB if it doesn't already have one (doubtful the dealer installed this). Anything to keep this engine going. What a friggin PITA, though. NOT what I expected when I bought this thing brand new 15 years ago ...🤬

Good deal - I didn't see the other half of your post about the codes until just now, but glad you found that issue. I always tell people that multiple codes are usually from a lost power or ground, since that's true 9 times out of 10 as you've just found.

Yeah, that's usually a dead giveaway to look over your work and check the fuses, too.