Keyless entry problems

Hello all,

My son has a 2008 Silverado 1500 LT, he recently installed an amp & sub box. 
The keyless entry quit working so we found that the remote transmitter module was bad so I took it to the dealership to have it programmed the service tech told me he needed the factory radio to program it. So I took the radio to them they had the truck for a week checked all modules & even replaced the new transmitter module, they are saying that it’s losing signal & can’t figure out why. They washed there hands of the truck & charged me $345.00 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Did the dealership remove the amp and new radio your son put in and then try to reprogram the fob?  How proficient at wiring in all of those things is your son?   I don't think you will get much help here with the issue you are describing sorry to say.. If  a certified GM dealerships service department turned your truck away, something has to be terribly wrong or not obvious.   I am surprised they didnt recommend changing the BCM.  I have seen people do damage (mostly on older cars) by wrongfully hooking aftermarket radios up.  Dead shorts, parasitic draws,  fried wires etc.  The problem with trying to trouble shoot what someone else has done is not knowing where to start..  Most people will try to throw the most obvious things at the problem, but when that doesnt work, its onto the next item.  Your problem could be nothing more then a frayed wire that is losing contact, but its extremely difficult to trace down. 

Edited by Sharpz

Richard, you are so right! The original manufacturers screwed us all with their integration of all systems through the radio. My recommendation is to return the truck to as built configuration and take it to a pro shop. buy the mods from them, pay them to install it all and then if it don't work they can fix it.