Anyone seen a AT4X leveling kit?

On 4/20/2022 at 11:44 PM, Redwings1 said:

I have a AT4X that the dealer installed the rough country 1318 kit on. Tech had to trim some bolts but made it work. Installed Goodyear Wrangler Territory MT 305 70 18".  had to trim front fender lips.  Still has tiny rub on lock just on the fender liner.  I will still probably trim from bracket and take rear bracket out.  Truck now is 3/4" higher in the front. I'm having dealer replace 2" rear block with a 2 1/2" rough country #6521. 

IMG_1512 (1).jpg

Looks good.  Just picked up mine a few weeks ago (Michigan also).   Did you swap out UCA's?  Everything I've been reading says you don't want to stick with OEM UCA's on a front level.  

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info and I can’t find anything either for a level so will wait for an AT4X kit. 

I was able to fit 285/60r20 (33.7x11.5) Nittos on Fuel 20x9 +1 offset wheels and really changed the stance from the undersized stock tires. 

A little plastic trimming on front but I also removed the mud flaps and brackets for flap in the front fenders and that gave it the clearance needed. Loving the new look but you can see these could use a level! 

7550A50B-B213-489A-8D84-3D76FD5F59DC.jpeg

AAB66D60-B9E3-4082-B0A3-A93351BB72F3.jpeg

C31DAD49-F393-43F6-A847-ED297025CC68.jpeg

978205E7-F07A-48FE-B77B-5DF79745AA54.jpeg

D3B80A03-648E-4BFF-BDA5-1D0118E7B5A2.jpeg

Edited by TexasAT4X

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 10:21 PM, TexasAT4X said:

Looks like Rough Country first company to provide a leveling spacer for the AT4X 1.5”

just ordered the kit and will report back with review and pics after installed. 

Link to kit:

https://www.roughcountry.com/gmc-leveling-lift-kit-1301.html?find=2022-gmc-sierra-1500-4wd-793318

I sure wish they'd include an upper control arm in that kit. I don't want the cheap kit, but I also don't want to replace the Multimatics. A leveling kit with the spacers and a UCA would be ideal. Does anyone understand suspension well enough to know if I could get this kit and a separate UCA (I'm thinking maybe Cognito, since they make quality stuff and they're local to me)? If what I think I know is correct, that would be the best way to level the AT4X without changing the shocks.

3 hours ago, Kane88 said:

I sure wish they'd include an upper control arm in that kit. I don't want the cheap kit, but I also don't want to replace the Multimatics. A leveling kit with the spacers and a UCA would be ideal. Does anyone understand suspension well enough to know if I could get this kit and a separate UCA (I'm thinking maybe Cognito, since they make quality stuff and they're local to me)? If what I think I know is correct, that would be the best way to level the AT4X without changing the shocks.

UCA I don’t believe are changed at all So any one that fits the other trucks will work on your X. You can (and should) add an aftermarket UCA ala carte.

Plenty of people are making kits work that are just designed for the regular at4. There are apparently not any differences aside from the fancy shocks. 

On 6/22/2022 at 5:45 PM, Kane88 said:

Why would you change have to change the shocks or the UCA with adding a leveling kit, am I missing?

On 6/28/2022 at 12:01 PM, bdup said:

Why would you change have to change the shocks or the UCA with adding a leveling kit, am I missing?

It’s not that you have to change the UCA, it will go together fine. The upper control arm, more specifically the upper ball joint, can’t handle the extra lift, it puts it on a harsh angle. You need an aftermarket UCA with more forgiving geometry at the ball joint.

As far as shocks, some kits just get there differently like using a new spring/shock/strut/etc. Not all leveling kits are just spacers. 

• Like 1

Along the same lines, does anyone know of ARC shocks and stock ride high can be accomplished on a at4x? I'm considering the upgrade, but I hate the brown interior of the ultimate and I like the lack of chome on th at4x. 

• 2 weeks later...