Lifters collapse issue

So the internet is full of this lifters collapse problem on GM v8 some motors have blown at extremely low mileage as low as 300 miles, i even have coworker that her truck blown the motor do to this issue at under 5k miles, did GM did something to address this issue or is ongoing problem?

• Thanks 1

Ongoing. Current class action lawsuit is filed against GM. I Personally have had lifters go out on a 2022 Camaro SS and currently having issues with a 2021 Sierra. I personally hope gm gets severely hammered. It would be nice also to have the engineer who designed this crap to get from behind his/her computer and turn wrenches on these vehicles when they break.

I can't believe there is no more replays on this, I have heard of this problem but last two days I did some reading and this seems to be serious problem for GM , I can't believe GM have not come forward to address this, chevy have always have the best v8 , WHAT HAPPENED !? GM forgot how to make a v8 engines ?almost seems like a liberals are in charge at GM and purposely design faulty v8 to scare people not to purchase them, if we don't want to go electric they will force us ....just saying , probably am wrong but,... I have a problem with chevy forgot how to make a good V8, what's behind this ?? 

The forum search function is your friend.  I recommend using it.  GM has been addressing this issue.  Ranting about an issue that's been beat to death, and taking "advice" from somebody that has only been here a few days, just screams trolling.

yes GM is addressing the issue, but i have a 2014 chev with 5.3 and 6 speed with over 150k miles. i know my tranny is on borrowed time and would like to get a new truck but right now the newer trucks are probably no more reliable than what i have. and yes it is covered by warranty but your new truck might sit for weeks waiting for parts