Park Assist

I know there have been some other topics on this. Here goes anyway. For the past two months, whenever I put the truck in drive I get the park assist blocked. When I start the truck the park assist button is lit. As soon as I put it in drive the light goes out and parks assist blocked shows. Here's the rub, yesterday the light stayed on and park assist worked fine. It was raining. Today, clear skies, the block message comes up. I have checked everything at least twice. Front and rear sensors are clean. No noticeable damage. All cameras work. 

So, why does it work in the rain and not on clear days? Anyone else having problems? I called and talked to the service manager at the dealer. Standard answer, we haven't seen this problem. Dealer is 3 hours round trip. Guess I have to make some time to take it in.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 7:22 PM, Phantom 4D said:

I know there have been some other topics on this. Here goes anyway. For the past two months, whenever I put the truck in drive I get the park assist blocked. When I start the truck the park assist button is lit. As soon as I put it in drive the light goes out and parks assist blocked shows. Here's the rub, yesterday the light stayed on and park assist worked fine. It was raining. Today, clear skies, the block message comes up. I have checked everything at least twice. Front and rear sensors are clean. No noticeable damage. All cameras work. 

So, why does it work in the rain and not on clear days? Anyone else having problems? I called and talked to the service manager at the dealer. Standard answer, we haven't seen this problem. Dealer is 3 hours round trip. Guess I have to make some time to take it in.  

I'm having the exact same issue.  The park assist on these trucks has always been crap.  I had a rear harness replaced a few weeks ago, and it worked for a couple days, now the same thing you said above is happening to mine.   I've reached out to my service advisor, I'll report back if i find a fix 

On 5/5/2022 at 2:57 PM, woychc said:

I'm having the exact same issue.  The park assist on these trucks has always been crap.  I had a rear harness replaced a few weeks ago, and it worked for a couple days, now the same thing you said above is happening to mine.   I've reached out to my service advisor, I'll report back if i find a fix 

Thanks. Just saw this. I talked to the service manager at the dealer where I bought the truck. Of course I got the standard answer " We haven't seen any issues with park assist. Your sensors are probably dirty. I told him I cleaned them and it still won't work. I'll have to take it in when I get time. The dealer is 3 hours round trip. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 1:12 PM, Phantom 4D said:

Thanks. Just saw this. I talked to the service manager at the dealer where I bought the truck. Of course I got the standard answer " We haven't seen any issues with park assist. Your sensors are probably dirty. I told him I cleaned them and it still won't work. I'll have to take it in when I get time. The dealer is 3 hours round trip. 

just wondering if you've had any luck with this issue?  I'm still fighting it.  

I have had issues with my randomly turning themselves off. I asked them to look into it and got the standard, "Cannot duplicate." Much like steering wheel controls stop working with CarPlay or CarPlay just blacks out lol. These days it seems like if it doesnt give them a light/code then they dont know how to find the issue.

21 hours ago, woychc said:

just wondering if you've had any luck with this issue?  I'm still fighting it.  

I haven't been able to get to the dealer. I talked a friend who is a Chevy tech and he said there is a problem in the module. So, as soon as I get time, I'm going to take it to the dealer. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 10:45 AM, Phantom 4D said:

I haven't been able to get to the dealer. I talked a friend who is a Chevy tech and he said there is a problem in the module. So, as soon as I get time, I'm going to take it to the dealer. 

I have finally got mine fixed.  Dealer had to put in a new park assist module, which then gave them an error code for a front sensor.  Once they replaced the front sensor, all works fine now.  Good Luck

I think this is the 4th truck we've had with park assist.

Haven't had issues with any of them.

Of course when sensors are covered with dirt/mud/snow/ice etc, the don't work.  

Clean 'em off and good to go.

Or go old school...

21 hours ago, redwngr said:

I think this is the 4th truck we've had with park assist.

Haven't had issues with any of them.

Of course when sensors are covered with dirt/mud/snow/ice etc, the don't work.  

Clean 'em off and good to go.

Or go old school...

Mine are clean. still have issues.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:14 AM, woychc said:

I have finally got mine fixed.  Dealer had to put in a new park assist module, which then gave them an error code for a front sensor.  Once they replaced the front sensor, all works fine now.  Good Luck

That's good news. Taking mine in next week. 

6 hours ago, Phantom 4D said:

Mine are clean. still have issues.

Which probably means a sensor or wiring needs to be repaired/replaced. 

I was just trying to let you know that it is not 'normal' for clean sensors to not function correctly, and also not typical that they need to be serviced. 

Good that you're taking it in.

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 10:39 AM, Phantom 4D said:

That's good news. Taking mine in next week. 

Did you ever get it fixed? Ive been having the same exact issues and havent been able to get it resolved.. going on 2 months now and sensors havent worked what so ever.. please let me know of any possible solution.

9 hours ago, Denali_956 said:

Did you ever get it fixed? Ive been having the same exact issues and havent been able to get it resolved.. going on 2 months now and sensors havent worked what so ever.. please let me know of any possible solution.

Not yet. Due to health issues and appointments, I've had to cancel my appointments with the dealer. I'm hoping to schedule it in this week.