Fog light kit

On 4/27/2022 at 5:07 PM, 03fatboy said:

Anyone know if GM makes a fog light kit for a new 2500 Silverado Custom? I found one for a 1500 wondering if it’s the same. Switch seems to already be in the dash. Thanks 

I am wanting to add them as well and am not having much luck determining this yet. Going to crawl under mine and see if there is a pigtail there for it or not, but I don't know that mine has the switch, can you post a photo of what switch yours has on the dash you think is for it?

I installed fogs on my 22' 2500 Custom a few months ago.  I ordered a set of the oem style fogs off Amazon, and then went with the harness kit from Gen5DIY.  The fogs were same ones for a 1500.  I wasn't thrilled paying that much for the harness from Gen5, but it was nice with it being built just like an OEM harness with relay and only took about 5 minutes to plug it in and have the fogs working.  Plus using their kit added the option of all 6 on high lights.  The hardest part of install was the top inside screw on the foglights; it's damn near impossible to get to.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 8:03 AM, Sonders said:

I installed fogs on my 22' 2500 Custom a few months ago.  I ordered a set of the oem style fogs off Amazon, and then went with the harness kit from Gen5DIY.  The fogs were same ones for a 1500.  I wasn't thrilled paying that much for the harness from Gen5, but it was nice with it being built just like an OEM harness with relay and only took about 5 minutes to plug it in and have the fogs working.  Plus using their kit added the option of all 6 on high lights.  The hardest part of install was the top inside screw on the foglights; it's damn near impossible to get to.

Any chance you could post links to what you used?

I am especially curious where the switch to turn them on was mounted and where you got it?

I used the wire harness from Gen5diy (link below) and bought a set of oem fogs off Amazon.  There is no switch; the gen5 harness uses the marker lights to turn them on.  it plugs directly into the right side headlight harness so no wire tapping or anything.  I wasn't thrilled at first to not have a switch to control them, but the more I thought about it, the only time I ever have them on is when I have atleast marker lights anyways.

https://www.gen5diy.com/collections/19-20-silverado-products/products/2019-2020-silverado-1500-foglight-harness