1st big tow

towed a 36ft 11K LB from Indy to Destin FL. 6.6 gas 1850 mile trip 1650 of it towing. I had no problem keeping up with traffic with average of 9.5 for the trip.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, littleal said:

towed a 36ft 11K LB from Indy to Destin FL. 6.6 gas 1850 mile trip 1650 of it towing. I had no problem keeping up with traffic with average of 9.5 for the trip.

What is a... LB?

I've enjoyed towing heavy with the L8T as well.  Even on long steep climbs it feels confident.  Not rip the asphalt under the tires Diesel power, but significantly better than previous gas engines.

Paid $6.60/gal for 87 Octane at a truck stop near Ft. Irwin, CA.  Versus $5.00 in the City of Lost Wages, NV (saw gas for $4.40/gal at another station, but missed the exit).

Then in the middle of nowhere, UT (heading to Bryce Canyon) 88 Octane was $4.80. 

Had a good tail wind most the way, and even with the climbs up over 8K', it averaged about 8.5mpg.

My fuel costs have doubled, which has limited the ability to support mom&pop places as we travel around the country.  Basically the $500 to $600 we use to spend monthly with local artists, restaurants, farmer's markets, etc.  is going to the oil companies.

In the meantime, not a barrel of oil production has changed since before the invasion of Ukraine.  Europe says maybe by the end of the year they'll reduce reliance on Russian oil.  Biden says: "it's going to cost us all".  What an absolutely ignorant jerk.  When was the last time he had to buy his own gas to go to work, or travel anywhere. 

Apologies for the rant...

2022-5-9_5-10.jpg

2022-5-10.jpg

• Like 1

couple of weeks ago when I went to Destin the lowest was 3.79 and the highest was 4.09. Heading to Ystone in July that will cost a bit more than was budgeted. The one thing is that I refuse to let gas prices control my camping trips. Life is to short.

• Like 1