Transfer case

I have a 2002 1500 261LD and the transfer case that blew up . I just swap in a used but working one and now the truck doesn’t go into gear. It grinds when I put it in park. The truck rolls back and forth freely. It’s a floor shift 4x4. Any help will be appreciated 

it's either in neutral or the shift fork may be broken inside the TC. if the floor shift works but it doesn't go into 2 or 4wd then it's time to either try another TC or fix that 1. they are not that hard to rebuild but parts are expensive so another used 1 may be the best option

4 hours ago, richard wysong said:

it's either in neutral or the shift fork may be broken inside the TC. if the floor shift works but it doesn't go into 2 or 4wd then it's time to either try another TC or fix that 1. they are not that hard to rebuild but parts are expensive so another used 1 may be the best option

The floor shifter moves as it should. I can also move the lever on the TC by hand. How do I get it out of neutral