Trailer TPMS sensor

I have a 2020 2500. I installed the factory sensors in my trailer and then sold it leaving the sensors in it. I thought I could buy new aftermarket sensors. I just learned that trailer sensors have a longer distance then automotive sensors. I purchased More Sensor that are per programed for the truck. The tire shop tells me that they're for the truck and wont work on the trailer. Any input would be helpful. 聽 聽

GM accessories sells different ones for the truck than for the trailers.

Some by a second set for the truck if they run 2 sets of wheels/tires.聽

I'd think if one type would work for both truck and trailer, that they wouldn't sell both types.

Otoh, you've got my curiosity up.

I've got 2 sets of truck wheels with sensors and one set of trailer wheel sensors (that aren't in wheels yet)

I should see if I can 'teach' the second set of truck wheels to the trailering app....

Anyway, these pics are from GM Accessories pages:

Truck sensor

Tire Pressure Monitor (XL8 - 433 MHz)

Trailer sensor

640X640

I bit the bullet and bought OEM trailer sensors from ebay @ $135. It beats the the out of $300 from the dealer. But now I'm stuck with 4 after market sensors....

I just bought 4 Schrader ez sensor 33700. They鈥檙e the oem for Chevy however they鈥檙e blanks so I need to program them still. 聽I plan to order an ateq programmer. My tire guys snap-on wasn鈥檛 cooperating for creating new sensors this morning unfortunately. They鈥檙e $50/each at autozone/oreilly. I used a company discount for $35 each which is still better than the $300 my dealer wanted. I鈥檇 rather spend the $200 on a programmer and never worry again lol.聽

I purchased the trailer sensors when I bought the truck and just had them installed a month ago. I could not get them to program with the sensor finding device. It has worked with the truck tires when i rotate them but not the trailer. I had to use the "let some air out" method to get them to learn. Anyone else have this issue? Sorry for the hijack.