Exhaust options

Howdy all..

Just curious what (if) everyone is running for a cat-back exhaust system.  I am partial to Borla because that is all I have ever run on my Camaros and other trucks.  Plus, does not void factory warranty.

Borla has a system thru GM p/n 19420409 which looks okay because it has the black chrome tip on it (would look nice on a red truck).

Did some searches thru Magnaflow and Corsa.  Not really a fan of Flowmasters.

Looking for opinions and recommendations.

Have a great weekend all!

Lee

A nice cheaper option would be buying a 3.5 inlet/outlet borla xr1 round muffler and a piece of 3.5 in stainless pipe from summit racing and bring it to your local muffler shop to have welded in place of the factory muffler. It sounds really good and looks stock from the back of the truck. 

• Like 1

I have MBRP cat back on mine - I like it alright, sounds good, only thing I don't like is that no matter how many times I tighten the clamps the exhaust likes to move and rub on the guard next to the spare tire.

I actually would have considered going with the stainless works option as it sounds really good and is also 305 stainless which was the key factor for me as I only want to do it once.

The Borla option only sold by Chevy dealers wasn't available initially but is also a bit too quiet for my taste.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 2:43 PM, CT Chevy Connoisseur said:

I have MBRP cat back on mine - I like it alright, sounds good, only thing I don't like is that no matter how many times I tighten the clamps the exhaust likes to move and rub on the guard next to the spare tire.

I actually would have considered going with the stainless works option as it sounds really good and is also 305 stainless which was the key factor for me as I only want to do it once.

The Borla option only sold by Chevy dealers wasn't available initially but is also a bit too quiet for my taste.

Welding the joints would eliminate the need for clamps?  Would be the way I go I think....wouldnt always want to go under and re tighten all the time.  I'm still debating.  Borla says they have something coming out soon for our trucks.  Have decided not to go with the one from GM (Borla).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 10:15 AM, Cheekster96 said:

Welding the joints would eliminate the need for clamps?  Would be the way I go I think....wouldnt always want to go under and re tighten all the time.  I'm still debating.  Borla says they have something coming out soon for our trucks.  Have decided not to go with the one from GM (Borla).

For what it's worth Borla has been saying that for two year's now and never give a straight answer as to when.

https://stainlessworks.net/lp/2020-chevy-silverado-hd-gmc-sierra-exhaust-headers-systems

Has something new that I was intrigued by and would consider if I was still looking.

On 7/2/2022 at 10:15 AM, Cheekster96 said:

Not on a 2020+HD but on my 2015 HD and my 2019 old body 1/2 ton, I had Corsa catbacks on those and after installing and running for about 100mi, I just checked the tightness on the clamps at 100mi after install and that was it.  Never had one come loose, leak, etc.  

14 minutes ago, newdude said:

Not on a 2020+HD but on my 2015 HD and my 2019 old body 1/2 ton, I had Corsa catbacks on those and after installing and running for about 100mi, I just checked the tightness on the clamps at 100mi after install and that was it.  Never had one come loose, leak, etc.  

Have tightened numerous times - still happens.  Have 35's and live on a rough road so that doesn't help I'm sure.