How to Restart the 2022+ Refreshed Infotainment system

On 10/13/2022 at 10:44 AM, ddc1279 said:

Vehicle off, drivers door open for 5 minutes.  Supposed to be the "reset".  OnStar had me do this when I contacted them for some troubleshooting.

Well they need to find  a better way with some holding down button combinations or something. I can't imagine doing this in the winter in -40.

Summer or winter, still seems like a waste of 5 minutes for this archaic method.

• Like 1

Did you get the latest update done at the dealer.

Mine had boot up issues were it would take for ever to actually start then on a dew occasions I had no sound at all.

Better since the dealer updated it.

Now that update GM pushed out last month that's a story in it's self trucks been goofy since.  IE opening the driver side window and the passenger side has gone down a few times.  Unlocking with the key fob and the tailgate opens.

Not sure about that update yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2022 at 8:33 AM, BigBadSierra said:

Did you get the latest update done at the dealer.

Mine had boot up issues were it would take for ever to actually start then on a dew occasions I had no sound at all.

Better since the dealer updated it.

Now that update GM pushed out last month that's a story in it's self trucks been goofy since.  IE opening the driver side window and the passenger side has gone down a few times.  Unlocking with the key fob and the tailgate opens.

Not sure about that update yet.

So how's the truck behaving? Still got gremlins?

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2022 at 12:57 PM, RedLT said:

So how's the truck behaving? Still got gremlins?

Radio's been fine the backup camera still gets has glitches after I have a trailer hooked on the truck and then remove the trailer.  The camera errors out a few times but then settles down.

1 hour ago, BigBadSierra said:

Radio's been fine the backup camera still gets has glitches after I have a trailer hooked on the truck and then remove the trailer.  The camera errors out a few times but then settles down.

I came across from another thread or forum (can't remember where) that when un-hooking  the trailer it was best to keep the truck on and running (in park of course).  Not sure if you've tried that.

On 7/26/2022 at 2:29 AM, GM90 said:

Today, the infotainment screen was stuck on the GMC logo for hours. I shut the truck off and opened the door to shut off the infotainment but it kept starting up to the GMC logo, I did this few times. But I guess it takes a while for the infotainment to completely shut down. It probably goes into hibernation after the vehicle is shut off. I'm guessing this is so that it starts up quickly, unless the truck is shut off for longer period. I don't know how long that is.

So wondering if there is a way to quickly restart the infotainment system by holding down some combination of buttons.

it was stuck in camera mode and the radio wouldn’t stop playing even after exiting the vehicle and locking it. Hope this isn’t a common thing. 

• 3 weeks later...

The new Infotainment system is available in three different versions: standard, enhanced and premium. And I just want you to know that I am getting a lot ideas from  https://essay-reviewer.com/domyessay-com-review/ to get the answer of questions. The basic version comes with a seven-inch display screen and the enhanced version comes with an eight-inch display screen. Both are touch screens that use gesture control to navigate menus, play music and switch between audio sources.

Edited by nathanhik