My 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali 5.3L arrives tomorrow!

Waited a while for this truck to arrive but I'm super pumped!  New interior looks fresh!!!

Gonna do a mini-build on her:

2.5" Leveling kit in the front

1.5" Rear lift kit

285/55R22s 

Intake

Borla ATAK Muffler

30% Tint

Vinyl Wrap in British Green Metallic

OEM Add Ons I'm installing: 

Illuminated front GMC emblem

GMC Puddle Lights

MultiPro Kicker system

Illuminated Door Sills

I figured if I didn't put those options in the build, the truck would be built quicker lol.  The only package I got was the Technology package and I had to sign a waiver that the truck is currently missing front and rear park assist functions due to chip shortages and once they are re-filled, they will have me come in for the install.  I also selected Onyx Black because I wanted the paint matched fender flares.   

Stoked!  

Edited by BrianABP
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update: No Bueno.  40 miles on the truck and the engine shut off on me and won't turnover.  Just a high pitched continuous squeal.  5.3L engine.... here we go....

Edited by BrianABP
  • Sad 1

That's terrible man, I feel for you.  I luckily haven't had any issues with my engine yet (2022 High Country refresh in 5.3L).  Engine seems to be doing well...at just over 10k now, going strong.  I have had an odd error once or twice where it won't start because it says the transmission is not in the correct position to start (but it's in park).  Seems like when you shut it off and turn it back on, it goes away (just an FYI).  

Keep us posted. Would love to see what the interior on that beast looks like...I loved the look of the brown leather of the Denali in the GM pics, but couldn't find any available locally!  

Good luck! 

Just got a call from the dealership, they had to replace the fuel pump and fuel pump control unit.  Said he's done hundreds of them!  

I'm very glad it wasn't anything major and happy they got me in and out same day.  

Ken - I'll post some photos when I pick the truck back up!