Fog Light Adapter

I picked up some cheap fog lights on eBay, since one of mine was missing, and they fit perfectly in the spots, but the bulbs in them are 880 instead of like the wiring having, I think, 5202 connectors, so I can't get them connected.  The seller refunded my money already, since one of the bulbs was broken, and I mentioned that they don't fit the wiring, and the seller didn't want them returned, so I still have the fog lights.  I'm just wondering if anyone has used an adapter or cable to convert from the 5202 connector in the wiring to the 880 connector on the bulbs?  If so, where did you get the adapter/wiring, and how much was it?  I'm not looking to spend a lot on this.  I found some that I think will work on eBay for about $8-10.  Does that sound like a good deal?  I'm just not 100% certain that they will fit with the supposed 5202 wiring and still connect to the 880 bulbs, and I don't want to throw more money at this for something that may not work.

Here's pics of the wiring and the fog light housings and bulbs.  The first is the connector on the 880 bulb, the 2nd is the 5202 connector, the 3rd is the original fog light housing, and the 4th is showing how the stock bulb won't fit in the new fog light housing.

PXL_20220823_221822017.jpg

PXL_20220823_221816150.jpg

PXL_20220823_222218876.jpg

PXL_20220823_221833489.jpg

I've never seen an adapter for something like this, it's so unique and likely not something they'd sell a lot of.

I'd just cut the harness and splice in 2 new 880 style wiring connectors, a 10 minute job and be done with it.

I guess it's more common than you thought @CamGTP, since I found some on eBay, ranging in price from $4-20.  I ordered this $4 pair (https://www.ebay.com/itm/185480034928).  They're about a foot of wiring with a 5202 connector on one end, and a 880/9006/HB3 connector on the other end.  I verified that the connectors are the same as what I need from the photos above.  I should get them this week, so hopefully they'll work for what I need.  Now, I just need to get another 880 bulb, since the one that came with one of the housings broke.  Thankfully, the seller already refunded my money for them, so I have that cash to use to buy them.

I had considered just drilling out the opening in the back of the housings so that the 5202 bulbs would fit through, but I wouldn't be able to lock them in place, so decided not to do that.

Edited by ABQ-Jammer

Your spending to much time on this fog light project for the results you will get when your done Jammer. At the very least you should use LED bulbs that will actually give you some useful light output. Your best bet is to ditch those stock round lights and replace with some LED cubes. You don't have to buy the most expensive like Ridged, I have used far less units from Ebay to Amazon in the $100 or less range with no problems.

Yeah, I was going to use LEDs, and ordered some 880 types to fit the housing, with that adapter, though I think I got the wrong adapter, as the connector on it isn't the same as the 880 type, but looks like a 9006/HB3 style, even though the pictures of the adapters showed the 880 connectors on it, so I already contacted the seller, and he's refunding my money, but I don't know if the 880 bulbs will fit this adapter.  I sure hope so.  If not, I may be trying to "modify" these adapters by cutting to deepen the notch between the posts so that the post in the middle of the 880 bulbs will fit.

Yeah, it's taking me some extra time, but I have the time to work on it, more than I have the cash to spend on other stuff.