Fast blinking blinker

2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali (DRW)

Noticed water in the driver tail light housing the other day.  Pulled the housing off, removed the bulbs, and poured the water out.  Put the bulbs back in and put housing back on the truck.  Next morning, I noticed the blinker would blink fast when turned on (it would blink at normal speed for a few seconds, then start blinking fast).  Little while later, it was back to normal.  On the way home, it would blink fast and has done so since.

Bought new bulbs today and installed them.  Blinker is still blinking fast on driver side.  Passenger side is also acting crazy now...top and bottom lights are both blinking when blinker is turned on. Blinker on driver side blinks at normal speed with hazard lights on.  Top and bottom lights on passenger side both blink with hazard lights on.

Fast blinking used to mean a burned out bulb.

With computers, everything has changed. There is no longer a direct connection between the turn signal lever and the turn lights. The turn lever just sends a signal to the computer which then activates the turn lights.

An Alldata subscription for your make/model/year would be very useful in diagnosing your specific vehicle.

3 hours ago, MORSNO said:

I guess your blinker fluid issue is fixed!  You need to look for the source of the leak and reseal the lamp housing to prevent moisture issues in the future. 

Should have mentioned...I think I know where the leak is coming from.  There is a small hole in the top part of the housing that I'm gonna be sealing up

• Thanks 1