18 Silverado no trailer brake

Hi 

I just bought a trailer with brake. When I plug it the brake don't activate. 

The fuse in the engine bay have voltage on it but I don't have voltage on the brake pin on the bumper plug. I check under the spare too and I don't have anything on the Blue wire . 

Which place should I check next ?

I don't have any message on the display when I plug the trailer too. 

Thanks

Can I tow a trailer with electric brakes without a brake controller?

No, you cannot tow a trailer with electric brakes without a brake controller. A brake controller is an electronic device through which the driver of the towing vehicle can control the braking power of the trailer from inside the vehicle. 

If you have a trailer with brakes, you need a brake controller for the brakes to work. All tandem axle trailers must have brakes on at least one axle; some state laws may require both axles to have brakes. Lastly, all single axle trailers with a gross weight of 3000 lbs. Or greater must have an axle with brakes.

How does a brake controller work? 

Brake controllers work through gain control. Gain is the measure of braking force that is sent to the trailer by electronic pulses when the driver depresses the brake pedal of the towing vehicle. The gain can be adjusted through the brake controller. It is recommended to adjust it before driving. Once the shifting begins, you can make fine adjustments to ensure a proper towing experience.