Wireless Android Auto Reviews

I have a 2016 silverado 1500 high country with factory radio, I have wired android auto/ apple carplay. Ive been looking for a wireless option for the android auto setup, I'm open to both just the adapters or the full ai boxes but its hard to sift through the reviews on what ones actually work or have issues. seems there are a lot of fake reviews out there

I'm looking for real world current reviews of the options currently on the market (bonus points if its available in Canada)...Ive been looking at the carlinkit 4.0 but are there better/ cheaper options that actually work??

thanks

I have AAwireless. It works well, but the last update screwed some things up a little. I have to wait 2 or 3 minutes till it works. But after that, it works flawless. And I think the reason is the phone (S22+, lots of issues, wouldn't recommend) because it has a lot of other issues aswell.

And when I drive close to one specific airport, it disconnects. But I guess they have something going on on the frequencies Android Auto and AAwirless uses.

On 10/9/2022 at 9:16 AM, movario said:

I have AAwireless. It works well, but the last update screwed some things up a little. I have to wait 2 or 3 minutes till it works. But after that, it works flawless. And I think the reason is the phone (S22+, lots of issues, wouldn't recommend) because it has a lot of other issues aswell.

And when I drive close to one specific airport, it disconnects. But I guess they have something going on on the frequencies Android Auto and AAwirless uses.

I have a s21 ultra and haven't had many issues so hopefully some are phone related. Do you find there are any functionality lost using wireless? Do phone calls still come up in the cluster display and everything works the same as wired? 

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is no functionality lost. The calls come up in the cluster. The only thing I noticed, when watching (hearing) youtube videos on the road the audio is about 2-5 seconds delayed. Quality and so on is fine, it's just not synchronized with the picture. But as I don't look at it anyways it doesn't bother me.

• 2 months later...

I, too, have the Carlinkit 4.0 adapter. Works very well for me overall, only had a couple times where I needed to unplug it to restart it and get things going.Definitely worth the price. I'd say that there is an extremely slight lag between when you select something for the change to happen, but not nearly enough to be annoying, imho.

https://carlinkitcarplay.com/products/carlinkit-wireless-adapter-for-factory-carplay