Swap a K2 or T1xx Engine & Trans into 2008 Vmax?

My brother bought my 2008 Vmax and has run it up to about 300,000+ miles.  The AFM lifters have about done in the 6.0L engine.  Just wondering if a later LS and 6 or 8 speed trans would interface with the truck, if the donor vehicle engine/trans harness and PCM was used?

The T1 stuff would be near impossible with the more lock down computer and the completely different CAN-BUS system.

The K2XX stuff would be easier because tuning the computers is easy but you will still not have many functions of the truck. Like ABS, traction control, dash function won't be there because of the different generations of controllers and CAN-BUS.

It's a pretty big hassle for either to be honest.

3 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

The T1 stuff would be near impossible with the more lock down computer and the completely different CAN-BUS system.

The K2XX stuff would be easier because tuning the computers is easy but you will still not have many functions of the truck. Like ABS, traction control, dash function won't be there because of the different generations of controllers and CAN-BUS.

It's a pretty big hassle for either to be honest.

Sounds like a no-go.  His next question was about a 2009 and later GMT900 engine and 6 speed.  Is that a more friendly swap?

8 minutes ago, CamGTP said:

Yes, a GEN 4 V8 with the 6 speed should be easier to do. I couldn't tell you exactly all the things needed but both being E38 controlled trucks does make it easier.

Do you think it's potentially almost plug n play?  (with the 09 harness and PCM)