No LED bed lighting in Chevy 2023 HD

I have a 2023 Chevy 3500 with a tow prep package, factory installed bed liner. Took it out for our 1st trip and realized there are no LED lights in the bed. Is this an option that the dealer should have ordered?

GM has lights that can be installed aftermarket, Bed Cargo Light Kit - GM (84659238) Requires installation and calibration by an authorized Chevrolet dealership.

What is your truck trim level? Looks like even LT/LTZ get LED bed lights only with the respective for each trim packages like Texas Edition or additional convenience packages. Looks like WT had them as a free-flow option.

Is it an option that "should have" been ordered? If you personally ordered it and requested them, then Yes. Otherwise, it's not forced that I can tell unless the WT free-flow option is picked or LT/LTZ equipped as mentioned above included with certain packages. In short, it's a nice thing to have but not a mistake.

BUILD AND PRICE 2023 3500HD

Edit: Looks like it was also a free-flow option on LT/LTZ.

Edited by Core-Lokt

5 hours ago, Core-Lokt said:

What is your truck trim level? Looks like even LT/LTZ get LED bed lights only with the respective for each trim packages like Texas Edition or additional convenience packages. Looks like WT had them as a free-flow option.

Is it an option that "should have" been ordered? If you personally ordered it and requested them, then Yes. Otherwise, it's not forced that I can tell unless the WT free-flow option is picked or LT/LTZ equipped as mentioned above included with certain packages. In short, it's a nice thing to have but not a mistake.

BUILD AND PRICE 2023 3500HD

Edit: Looks like it was also a free-flow option on LT/LTZ.

The overall packages can be so confusing.  I didn't order my Custom model, but I was kind of dismayed that it didn't have the outside mirror lights pointing backwards that I thought came on all trim levels.  I think that is such a cool feature to have.  I have the bed lights of which are cool, but having those outside rear pointed lights.....dahhhh, I wish I had those.

Thanks, truck is Z71, LTZ I traded a 2020 . I told the dealer that I wanted the same truck (all the same options at least).

The truck was ordered as a 2022 and was built and delivered as a 2023. Guess I will have to spring for the lights and install. 

3 minutes ago, Rocky_3 said:

Thanks, truck is Z71, LTZ I traded a 2020 . I told the dealer that I wanted the same truck (all the same options at least).

The truck was ordered as a 2022 and was built and delivered as a 2023. Guess I will have to spring for the lights and install. 

That's not fun but hopefully it will be fairly easy and inexpensive option to add.

On 2/8/2023 at 6:15 PM, Rocky_3 said:

The bed lights should've come with either the first upgrade package (LTZ Plus/Texas Edition), second (LTZ Convenience Package 1) or free-flow. Sounds like the dealer dropped the ball if your other truck had them and you wanted the new one built the same.

Edited by Core-Lokt
  • Like 1