Should I disable DFM?

I have a 2019 RST with the L84 V8 8 speed with about 75k miles. No issues, other then the transmission being a bit rough. A transmission fluid flush helped with that, though now I feel more of a vibration when DFM kicks in than I remember.  Is it worth disabling the DFM to help prevent lifter failure? Or am I overthinking that?  Harder to find information on failures for this engine before the 2021 model failure.

Thanks!

I would disable the DFM because the engine runs smoother, not because of lifter failure. There are many opinions or different trains of thought on lifter failure. I believe that disabling DFM reduces the occurrence of lifter failure but there is no scientific proof from anyone (including General Motors) that this is true. GM spent millions of dollars developing and testing DFM (under heavy Federal Government pressure) so they will not tell you DFM can cause lifter failure. This is only my opinion but I would definitely disable the DFM.

• Like 1