2023 1500 Silverado lights

I'd to see pictures of any lighting you have added to your 2023 1500 Silverado. Actual difference between the headlights and the added lights would be great. I want to add some lighting in the front, but do not see many options if any at at all specific to my truck. I have seen the ones from a couple different vendors that go behind the grill, but do know how well they will throw the light where I want it. Or, how bright they will be while trying to get it through the grill. I do not have the shutters behind my grill like my 2017 has, not sure why. I do not want to mount anything above the windshield or the style that mounts at the rear of the hood.

I really like how my '17 has the lights mounted, I would like to do similar to the '23, but I have not seen any bumpers yet. Thank you for your help.

20230305_071350.thumb.jpg.a35e930f352696bfe7f2728afc229dba.jpg20230123_225140.thumb.jpg.8b9ee636ed8c9c2260a7eed777817320.jpg

3 hours ago, GETGONE said:

Don't know why it says those fit through 23 because they WON'T fit the refresh 22+ trucks since the grill is totally different.

Thank catching that. That is one of the reasons I posted pictures of my truck. 

2 hours ago, silveradosid said:

not to mention another forum member says they suck

They're a flood pattern. I think his expectations (like mine) were too high when purchased. The specs were probably not read carefully enough on both our cases. 

I dont know of a company that makes a kit for the refreshed trucks. 

What is the ultimate goal? Far reaching light, flood light in front of the vehicle, mix of both? You may have to get creative.

What I would like is to keep the front end clean if possible. I like the idea of mounting behind the grill, but do not want to lose light or adjustability. I do not know anyone who has the behind the grill lights to be able to get first hand knowledge from.

I want a White LED and maybe a Amber one as well. If not, both white. The set up in the bumper of my '17 is perfect. Two 3" cubes both sides that mainly show the edge of the road and the tree line. The 20" center acts as a spot light with flood LED's at each end of it.

At the minimum, I want the lights as bright as my LED head lights.

1 hour ago, 6.2Midnight said:

What I would like is to keep the front end clean if possible. I like the idea of mounting behind the grill, but do not want to lose light or adjustability. I do not know anyone who has the behind the grill lights to be able to get first hand knowledge from.

I want a White LED and maybe a Amber one as well. If not, both white. The set up in the bumper of my '17 is perfect. Two 3" cubes both sides that mainly show the edge of the road and the tree line. The 20" center acts as a spot light with flood LED's at each end of it.

At the minimum, I want the lights as bright as my LED head lights.

Boost auto parts makes a little part so you can use your mirror lights with your hi-beams: https://boostautoparts.com/products/high-spot

They also make a all-6 part to keep your fogs on with hi-beams: https://boostautoparts.com/products/6hi?rq=th_chevy~yr_2023~mk_silverado-1500

Some things to checkout.

The slots in the grille look good for a single row lightbar. They look like they're plenty tall without blocking much light. The bar will need to be mounted at a height to fit between the horizontal bars.

I don't see any kits that are for the LT and up trim levels.

This site could be of some inspiration, and for ideas: https://mandronline.com/collections/2022-chevrolet-silverado-1500

It looks like you'll be "finding new roads" in the aftermarket lighting department. Not many, if any plug n' play options right now.

I've seen the ones from Mandroline, they say I can run dual 40" lights. I just don't see many reviews of them for my type of grill. Plus, I know they score forward, but how much are angled to the side?

I might get the mirror light one and just wire it to my low beams. On my '17, my mirror lights are switch backs. They are white unless you turn on a blinker, then they are amber. You can see the side of the road and in just about any car you pass.

Well, I spoke to Mike at M&R, I ended up buying the dual row that has the White with Amber DRL, the second row is Amber. We'll see how it works out, I'll post up when I get them installed and working.

Edited by 6.2Midnight

4 hours ago, 6.2Midnight said:

Well, I spoke to Mike at M&R, I ended up buying the dual row that has the White with Amber DRL, the second row is Amber. We'll see how it works out, I'll post up when I get them installed and working.

Cool, hopefully they work out to your expectations!

I looked at taking the grille off of a refresh, and it looks like a PITA compared to the pre-refreshed silverados.

Edited by jashaw