WT (or Pro), dlb cab long bed gasser availability, Please Educate Me

First impressions compared to the 19 Ram 6.4 cc/lb we had for a few years.  On the positive, turning radius and suspension around corners is way better than the tradesman which was the biggest *MFer* about driving that thing to jobs around town in sketchy u-turn or turnaround situations.  Its also a little bit lower to the ground so the boss doesn't need the steps installed like before which is nice.  The embedded step on the side and rear corners is also much welcomed although I wish they put that side step closer toward the rear wheel because with a toolbox door open its sort of awkward with it right in your face fetching stuff out of the box. 

On the negative, I don't know if its sloppy converter/converter tuning, or bad trans gearing but honestly, the Ram felt faster and snappier when you floored it while at speed or from a dead stop.  The tradesman brand new and not outfitted, went a bit sideways into 3rd gear on crappy base trim tires and that thing weighed considerably more than this truck off the lot.  The 6.6 sounds strong but its almost like somethings holding it back and it fells like its in the trans but what do I know.  This, apparently, is a new Allison 10 speed.  I bet that thing gobbles up all kinds of potential power but hopefully lives forever.  We're not racing it, its a work truck so its peppy enough to get the job done.  Also, theres more gizmos and gadgets and places to put things on the inside with the tradesman than the WT.  We work out of our truck all day so places to put things easily accessible kinda matters.  The sensor alerts seem annoying and useless but maybe they'll save our lives some day.  Unsure on that.   And lastly, I know its a WT but I was kinda pissed they didn't make auto folding mirrors a std feature.  Come on!  Big dumbo ears, every time we park tight or go through a bank teller drive-through.  Ok, here we go, windows down, fold the mirrors in, do our business, expand them back out, windows up.  Annoying PITA!  

Thats my review and comparison.  Take it or leave it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Austin66 said:

First impressions compared to the 19 Ram 6.4 cc/lb we had for a few years.  On the positive, turning radius and suspension around corners is way better than the tradesman which was the biggest *MFer* about driving that thing to jobs around town in sketchy u-turn or turnaround situations.  Its also a little bit lower to the ground so the boss doesn't need the steps installed like before which is nice.  The embedded step on the side and rear corners is also much welcomed although I wish they put that side step closer toward the rear wheel because with a toolbox door open its sort of awkward with it right in your face fetching stuff out of the box. 

On the negative, I don't know if its sloppy converter/converter tuning, or bad trans gearing but honestly, the Ram felt faster and snappier when you floored it while at speed or from a dead stop.  The tradesman brand new and not outfitted, went a bit sideways into 3rd gear on crappy base trim tires and that thing weighed considerably more than this truck off the lot.  The 6.6 sounds strong but its almost like somethings holding it back and it fells like its in the trans but what do I know.  This, apparently, is a new Allison 10 speed.  I bet that thing gobbles up all kinds of potential power but hopefully lives forever.  We're not racing it, its a work truck so its peppy enough to get the job done.  Also, theres more gizmos and gadgets and places to put things on the inside with the tradesman than the WT.  We work out of our truck all day so places to put things easily accessible kinda matters.  The sensor alerts seem annoying and useless but maybe they'll save our lives some day.  Unsure on that.   And lastly, I know its a WT but I was kinda pissed they didn't make auto folding mirrors a std feature.  Come on!  Big dumbo ears, every time we park tight or go through a bank teller drive-through.  Ok, here we go, windows down, fold the mirrors in, do our business, expand them back out, windows up.  Annoying PITA!  

Thats my review and comparison.  Take it or leave it. 

Glad ya found a truck. And in the body style you wanted. Nice to have another W/T on board. Not many that I’ve seen on here.