Possible to use this accessory switch from instrument panel for something else?

Does anyone know if the smaller switch is useable for any add on accessories? For instance, if you added a bull bar with led light would there be a way to use that small oem switch on the right to activate the Led light bar instead of running a separate toggle switch etc. Ive been searching and limited info on these refreshed trucks. Thanks!

Chevy Silverado Instrument Panel Accessory Switch 84482897.webp

No. Everything runs through the body control module. It's not a normal on off switch. It runs a pulse to the BCM and then triggers a relay to operate whatever the factory designated it for.

11 hours ago, Rob Mugs said:

Good Q, I am looking to add a bullbar and don't want to pay for the upfitter switches. https://404parts.com/products/2019-2021-silverado-sierra-upfitter-auxiliary-switches-package

Have you found a bullbar for our refreshed trucks?  Been having a tough time.

So i actually ordered the Armadillo AR for my truck. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BQLRTS9N?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I like the OEM look of the upfitter switches but that does not do me any good because that is where my trailer and 4wd option knobs are located next to the parking brake.

Edited by BrizzlesBowTie23

10 hours ago, GETGONE said:

No. Everything runs through the body control module. It's not a normal on off switch. It runs a pulse to the BCM and then triggers a relay to operate whatever the factory designated it for.

Bummer. Thank you for your response.

14 minutes ago, BrizzlesBowTie23 said:

So i actually ordered the Armadillo AR for my truck. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BQLRTS9N?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I like the OEM look of the upfitter switches but that does not do me any good because that is where my trailer and 4wd option knobs are located next to the parking brake.

About 95% sure it isn't going to fit.  Every single picture I have seen has been on a "non"-refresh model.  Let us know though!?

5 minutes ago, Rob Mugs said:

About 95% sure it isn't going to fit.  Every single picture I have seen has been on a "non"-refresh model.  Let us know though!?

It should fit. Here is a video showing install on a Refreshed Trail Boss.

14 hours ago, BrizzlesBowTie23 said:

Does anyone know if the smaller switch is useable for any add on accessories? For instance, if you added a bull bar with led light would there be a way to use that small oem switch on the right to activate the Led light bar instead of running a separate toggle switch etc. Ive been searching and limited info on these refreshed trucks. Thanks!

Chevy Silverado Instrument Panel Accessory Switch 84482897.webp

The one on the right is just a blank dummy switch.  It doesn't even press.  

Edited by newdude