Emblem Etiquette Question

Alright, so I drive a 2008 Sierra with the VortecMax package (the high performance 6.0 V8 and upgraded suspension). Paint started chipping so I'm getting it repainted, meaning I'll have to replace emblems.

All that to say, would it be frowned upon to apply 4th gen emblems/placement on the tailgate, or stick with 3rd gen emblems/placement? Pictures of difference between the two below.

R00696061_1.jpg

shopping.jpeg

Edited by Spark 1732
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spark 1732 said:

Alright, so I drive a 2008 Sierra with the VortecMax package (the high performance 6.0 V8 and upgraded suspension). Painting started chipping so I'm getting it repainted, meaning I'll have to replace emblems.

All that to say, would it be frowned upon to apply 4th gen emblems/placement on the tailgate, or stick with 3rd gen emblems/placement? Pictures of difference between the two below.

R00696061_1.jpg

shopping.jpeg

Put on what you like. When I first joined the site emblem removal was the rage. I give a thumbs up when I see a vortec max. Wishing the option was still available. As well as the E-85 option for improved performance.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spark 1732 said:

Yeah I mean that's just it, not like I'm putting emblems of a trim I don't have on. Just updating style and where they're placed.

I put the 07-13 2500 HD and Silverado on my 2006.  It looked great compared to those old one piece badges they had before.  

• Like 1

I say go for it.  I always wanted a GMC Suburban, have thought of removing my Yukon XL emblems for Suburban!

Done any mods to the VortecMax?  4L70 trans right?  14-Bolt axle with 3.73s or 4.10s?

1 hour ago, swathdiver said:

I say go for it.  I always wanted a GMC Suburban, have thought of removing my Yukon XL emblems for Suburban!

Done any mods to the VortecMax?  4L70 trans right?  14-Bolt axle with 3.73s or 4.10s?

Yes, 4L70E and 4.10. Mods, S&B CAI, Jet throttle body, Bully Dog BDX tuner with a custom tune I had written up.

Edited by Spark 1732
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Spark 1732 said:

Yes, 4L70E and 4.10. Mods, S&B CAI, Jet throttle body, Bully Dog BDX tuner with a custom tune I had written up.

Cool, have you ever taken it to the track to see how fast it is?

Just go for the Emblems you like.

I have replaced the LS trim-emblems on the Pillars with LS6 emblems :)
My truck has an aluminum 5,7Block 11,5:1CR Truck-Norris-Cam, Headers
and matching tune, that is pretty close to being an LS6.