Not a huge mod but tossed on some mud flaps

Decided to try the husky flaps due to price. 80 bucks for the four. 

fit is pretty good overall. They fit nicely with the stock worthless tiny flaps. They mount up with the stock 3 T15 torx screws and one metal clip. 

I don’t think they will go anywhere but I wouldn’t call them rock solid. Good enough though. 

I’ll reserve any more thoughts until winter. Hoping it keeps slop down some especially from filling up my side steps. 

IMG_3704.jpeg

IMG_3703.jpeg

Edited by Pryme
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ssgballistics said:

I had the huskys on my 22’ and put a set on my dad’s 21. I have the weather techs on my 24’. I think that I prefer the huskys. 

What would you say is the difference between the two. I looked at both also and went with husky based on the cheaper price 

• 4 months later...

Update. I love these mudflaps(snow flaps) now that the upper Midwest finally has snow on the ground I was able to see how these husky’s do. They significantly reduce the slop that ends up behind the truck up in the rear bumper and also caked onto my running board steps. Today I snapped this pic. Absolutely zero snow on the rear bumper but plenty in the flaps. Without these flaps, all that snow ends up caked around the rear bumper step area. 

IMG_5747.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Ben Jardine said:

Do you happen to have a part number or link i would love to find a set . I hate my small factory flaps 

https://www.amazon.com/Husky-Liners-Chevrolet-Silverado-Sierra/dp/B088S3G3F8/ref=mp_s_a_1_3_pp?crid=I9Y4GOV58OYK&keywords=husky+mud+flaps&qid=1706790593&sprefix=husky+mu%2Caps%2C108&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18ed3cb5-28d5-4975-8bc7-93deae8f9840

They are even on special right now 

• 2 weeks later...

I have the factory dealer installed mud flaps. We had had 3 snow storms this week, including 3” this morning. Drove 108 miles to my camp today with a stop at a gas station 50 miles from home. I don’t think the snow is the issue as much as the remaining wet slushy slop after the roads are plowed. This is my truck this morning after driving on blacktop roads. Might need different mud flaps, but previous trucks have looked like this with various mud flaps. Driving on just snow doesn’t trash my truck as much. Will need to go through a car wash tomorrow when I get home. 

DFDE9313-9C19-418B-9411-A5F930DA9A09.jpeg

4 hours ago, rjgvt said:

I have the factory dealer installed mud flaps. We had had 3 snow storms this week, including 3” this morning. Drove 108 miles to my camp today with a stop at a gas station 50 miles from home. I don’t think the snow is the issue as much as the remaining wet slushy slop after the roads are plowed. This is my truck this morning after driving on blacktop roads. Might need different mud flaps, but previous trucks have looked like this with various mud flaps. Driving on just snow doesn’t trash my truck as much. Will need to go through a car wash tomorrow when I get home. 

Ain't no flap in existence that will cure the melting salt spray drive!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rjgvt said:

Those are the little baby flaps though. Those are just a little bigger than the standard 4” or whatever flap that comes standard. The ones I added are much longer than the ones you have on your truck. I researched those too and they were like twice as expensive for my ch less coverage 

• Like 1

My last truck had longer mud flaps and it still looked like crap on any given day driving around VT during winter. I only have one vehicle and it’s not a garage queen! 

C07CFB47-1083-45DB-BED5-4A3D71403418.jpeg