ASSIST STEP REPLACEMENT

Brand new 2023 GMC Yukon XL SLT.  Hit road debris and ended up with a hole in the drivers side stationary Assist Step.  Can I replace the Step myself?  Does it involve more than removing and replacing several bolts?

Looking at the exploded diagrams on the parts sites, they seem like they are the same general design as most... Brackets bolt under the cab, step rests on the brackets, additional bolts through the brackets into the steps. I would expect replacement to be pretty straight-forward, but price might not be so fun.

Thanx.  I can find a Step about 30% less than the dealers price.  I agree, looks relatively straight-forward.  Did you notice in the diagram the brackets, the step, and what looked like along strip of metal.  Would that be the plastic strip along the outside of the step?

Here’s our sad story.  Left Maine in late Oct in our 2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali.  Made it to PA for the night.  Next morning, crossed into MD and the Yukon’s engine went bad, was able to get to a local dealer, after 2 hours & $500, they said the problem was inside the engine and might cost up to $5000 and might take several days if they didn’t have the necessary parts.  In Sept we had just spent $3500 on the lifters being replaced.  The two or us and the dog, no rental cars available until some time in Nov… They had an SLT, Denali and a Denali Premier on the lot.  We bought the SLT with payments for 84 months and we were on our way to a hotel that evening.  That’s #1.  Made it safely to our kids place in SC the next day.  After three days we left for FL.  About an hour out we hit road debris on the left front (GMC 3 days old).  Scraped the left front bumper/will be buffed out, and put a hole in the Assist Step and drivers door (going to dealer for door repair tomorrow).  That’s #2.  Arrived in FL and the A/C in the house went out.  That’s #3.  Auto insurance in FL is high.  Don’t need a $2200 claim on my record and a policy increase next year.  The Assist Step will have to wait.  Three hits in a row, let’s hope that’s it for a while.  Happy & Safe Hollidays to you and yours.