I called scan gauge and was wanting to see what gear the transmission is in and also the torque converter lockup status. I could see this on my 06 duramax. I was aware that this could not be displayed, and edge cts3 does not support this engine, and may not ever, being as they can not tune it yet. They sent me a data logger to plug into the truck for about 30 min, and hopefully get some more x gauges. I did it and sent it back to them Monday. I got an email from them saying what they found. I do not know if this is anything different from what is already available. Maybe someone with a scan gauge 3 can chime in, as I have not bought one yet. I am waiting on a response to see if my scan gauge 2 can see these. This is what they said: 

The engineer has gone over the data logger and the below sensor are supported in your vehicle. Please let us know what you would like to monitor?

We found Gear and Torque Converter Slip (TCC Slip) supported which is the closet thing we have to Torque Converter Lockup.

Trans Temp
Engine Oil Temp
EGR Duty Cycle
Total Knock ******
Inj Pulse Width Bank 1
Inj Pulse Width Bank 2
Fuel Volume
Engine Oil Pressure
Fan Speed Commanded
Transmission Input Speed
Transmission Output Speed
Transmission Gear Ratio
Intake Air Temp #2
Actual Engine Torque
Relative Humidity
Total Missfire
Cylinder 1 - 8 Misfire Coun

14 hours ago, Gregg Staples said:

I called scan gauge and was wanting to see what gear the transmission is in and also the torque converter lockup status. I could see this on my 06 duramax. I was aware that this could not be displayed, and edge cts3 does not support this engine, and may not ever, being as they can not tune it yet. They sent me a data logger to plug into the truck for about 30 min, and hopefully get some more x gauges. I did it and sent it back to them Monday. I got an email from them saying what they found. I do not know if this is anything different from what is already available. Maybe someone with a scan gauge 3 can chime in, as I have not bought one yet. I am waiting on a response to see if my scan gauge 2 can see these. This is what they said: 

The engineer has gone over the data logger and the below sensor are supported in your vehicle. Please let us know what you would like to monitor?

We found Gear and Torque Converter Slip (TCC Slip) supported which is the closet thing we have to Torque Converter Lockup.

Trans Temp
Engine Oil Temp
EGR Duty Cycle
Total Knock ******
Inj Pulse Width Bank 1
Inj Pulse Width Bank 2
Fuel Volume
Engine Oil Pressure
Fan Speed Commanded
Transmission Input Speed
Transmission Output Speed
Transmission Gear Ratio
Intake Air Temp #2
Actual Engine Torque
Relative Humidity
Total Missfire
Cylinder 1 - 8 Misfire Coun

Yeah you can display all those things listed I have most displayed on mine. Cat temp is another one as well as both fuel pump pressures. Horsepower is also listed, rpm and fuel level in the tank are options too. Gear you’re in is not an option on SG2 or 3 when used with our trucks.  I have both. 3 is much more advanced than 2. 

Edited by Pryme
  • Like 2

I hear they are running some 2025 HD pilot builds soon, I sure hope they fixed the instrument display to something more appropriate for a truck rather than the soccer Mom, mini van display we now have. 

I think when I get my SG3 installed I will drop my instrument cluster back to a minimal display since it isnt really telling me anything of value other than the trans temp I have displayed in the center of the right display. 

I will be buying the scan gauge 3 Monday, as the gear indicator does work, at least on my scan gauge 2. Torque converter slip works also, but I do not have it understood yet. I was looking for lock up. Here is the info from scan gauge telling you the info for the x gauges.  The 2 is just to small to keep messin with, but it does work. I labeled mine gea and tcl:  

Our engineer believe these two would work.  He focused on what you were after first and what he already know, but he'll look into finding anything new time permitting. Let us know how they work and if you have any other question don't hesitate to let us know.

TCC Slip (RPM)
TXD: 33F1221991
RXF: 046205190691
RXD: 3010
MTH: 000100080000

Transmission Gear (#)
TXD: 33F122199A
RXF: 04620519069A
RXD: 3008
MTH: 000100010000
NAME: GER.

20231202_110522.jpg

20231202_110525.jpg

20231202_110836.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I put the codes into my SG3 and called the display "Gear"  When I started the truck it showed "1" no matter if it was in D,R or Manual select. Its blocked inside the barn right now all clean and warm while it rains and sleets outside. Not willing to waste 2 hrs of cleaning to test it our right now. Maybe if we get a nice day this week. I will post the results. Thanks for the help. 

Mine also says 1 all of the time, except when moving. No big deal to me. In case someone else was interested,The cheapest I was able to find a new one was at auto zone. I saw that someone on another forum posted about it, 20 % off which was a good savings compared to what I was finding. Shouls be here next week sometime. May be cheaper somewhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gregg Staples said:

I do not have a scan gauge 3, nor do I have a 6 speed, but it had to be added through  " X Gauges " for the 10 speed. May be the same for you. Can not hurt to try.

Yeah I have a sg2 also and remember the xgauge where you have to put in 10k numbers in the right order ha. The 3 just has everything built in so I’ll have to look closely and see. 

Scan Gauge had ask for me to let them know if it worked or not. I let them know this morning as they were closed over the weekend and mentioned about the 1 for park and reverse and first. This is what they said:

If Park, Reverse, and 1st Gear all report as 1, this is how the manufacturer reports these through the ECU. It is not uncommon for Park and Reverse to share the same value, as well as with 1st gear. If you have any questions, please let me know.

• Thanks 1