Gregg;  Can you share the X-Code number you added ?  Better results than I am getting. Mine Only shows a "Suggested Gear" in the X group, and it stays at "Neutral, and never changes when in motion.

Have a long trip tomorrow for work, would like to try and put that "Gear" code in, and see what happens.

To monitor what gear you are in for towing would be most helpful.

Thanks.

On 12/3/2023 at 4:12 PM, 64BAwagon said:

I put the codes into my SG3 and called the display "Gear"  When I started the truck it showed "1" no matter if it was in D,R or Manual select. Its blocked inside the barn right now all clean and warm while it rains and sleets outside. Not willing to waste 2 hrs of cleaning to test it our right now. Maybe if we get a nice day this week. I will post the results. Thanks for the help. 

64BAwagon,  When you have time, could you share the X-Code #'s you put in the SG-III ?  Long trip tomorrow see if it works.

Happy holidays all !

Just looked back into the posts by Gregg , to last Sat., and saw the X-Code #'s, he put in his SG-II that show "GER", is working, and 64BAwagon says works so far in his SG-III. Will put those in my SG-III today, and see what I get.

Thanks All !!

I'll have to check out SG3.  My SG2 has been great, but one time it had issues, I contacted SG and they said send it in. I did and they fixed it and sent it back, no charge.  This is after owning it for 7yrs. Great company!  I use it on my Cruze diesel to keep track of regens and transmission temps.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Pryme said:

Where in your sg did you load that up? I will see if I can add the code and get gear but maybe it’s only for the 10spd. Can’t hurt to try

Starting on page 31 in the SG-III manual, shows how to Add more displays to the X-Gauge list. 4 lines of code to type in, then assign a name for it, in an empty slot, someone did "GER" for his SG-II, can do "GEAR" for the SG-III. Going to do this in mine today.

On the https://www.scangauge.com/support/x-gauge-commands/, says can see the codes to type in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Kerry Pulaski said:

These values do work , just put into my new SC-III, Shows all 10 trans gears shifting.

Duramax starts out in #2, unless in manual or 4x4 lox range. Put these in a vacant X-gauge slot.

SCANGAUGE -III VALUES FOR GEAR.pdf 134.21 kB · 0 downloads

Yeah but you guys all have the 10spd. 

The gear one doesn’t work with the 6spd. Would be cool but nope. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Pryme said:

No dice for the gear x gauge with the 6spd. Just displaying 0 at all times. Oh well. I put total misfire count in it’s place and removed fuel volume which seems useless and put in trans output speed. 

IMG_4811.jpeg

I am still fine tuning mine. I added a couple of warnings for the coolant temp and oil temp. I still havent driven it though, it snowed this AM and the roads are still sloppy and I just cant bring myself to drive it and get it dirty just for this. First world problems of retired people. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Pryme said:

No dice for the gear x gauge with the 6spd. Just displaying 0 at all times. Oh well. I put total misfire count in it’s place and removed fuel volume which seems useless and put in trans output speed. 

IMG_4811.jpeg

That's weird. I have the Scan Gauge II and the 6L80E and my X gauge gear indicator works fine. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pryme said:

Is it that same set of numbers that were posted here? Wonder what’s going on. Pretty sure I entered it all correctly 

I would try again, theres a lot of numbers/letters and I rarely get it right the first time around.