1 hour ago, Pryme said:

Is it that same set of numbers that were posted here? Wonder what’s going on. Pretty sure I entered it all correctly 

I don't know.  I can look at my settings tomorrow and see what they are if that helps.  All I'm saying is that in my ECU there is an address for it. If we are not using the same ECU platform, perhaps it has been deleted??? :dunno:

19 minutes ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I don't know.  I can look at my settings tomorrow and see what they are if that helps.  All I'm saying is that in my ECU there is an address for it. If we are not using the same ECU platform, perhaps it has been deleted??? :dunno:

I just tried entering again and triple checked it all. Nope. Just displays 0. Maybe I have that super exclusive prototype CVT in my HD. And it’s displaying correctly ha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

I am still fine tuning mine. I added a couple of warnings for the coolant temp and oil temp. I still havent driven it though, it snowed this AM and the roads are still sloppy and I just cant bring myself to drive it and get it dirty just for this. First world problems of retired people. 

HA! You live in Michigan and don't want to drive your truck on a crappy day. 

I've been at my hunting camp for the last 6 days. Rained for 2 days, snowed after that. My truck is trashed until I get home and prep it for trade in. My driveway at camp is mud after a little rain, worse after a lot of rain.  I'll treat my new truck the same as I only have one vehicle. :)

11 hours ago, rjgvt said:

HA! You live in Michigan and don't want to drive your truck on a crappy day. 

I've been at my hunting camp for the last 6 days. Rained for 2 days, snowed after that. My truck is trashed until I get home and prep it for trade in. My driveway at camp is mud after a little rain, worse after a lot of rain.  I'll treat my new truck the same as I only have one vehicle. :)

I have the luxury of another vehicle that is AWD. Its actually clean too but it will be out today since the sun is peaking through the clouds and the snow melted yesterday afternoon. I am retired so my schedule is whatever I make it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

I have the luxury of another vehicle that is AWD. Its actually clean too but it will be out today since the sun is peaking through the clouds and the snow melted yesterday afternoon. I am retired so my schedule is whatever I make it. 

I’m retired also but keeping a vehicle clean during winter is tough. I go through the car wash on a nice day.

My GF has a GMC Acadia Denali but I don’t think she’d be happy if I drove her vehicle where I take my truck!

8 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

Proof of concept.   Man this thing climbs through the gears quickly. 

20231207_144853.jpg

What did you use to pad the corners? Soft foam tape?

I see you use fuel volume. It’s different from fuel level in tank so I actually stopped using volume when I saw fuel level. Not sure what the volume even is for?

also what is the tcc one bottom right? Is that the other added one with gear? Wonder if It will work with mine

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rjgvt said:

I’m retired also but keeping a vehicle clean during winter is tough. I go through the car wash on a nice day.

My GF has a GMC Acadia Denali but I don’t think she’d be happy if I drove her vehicle where I take my truck!

This was me a week ago. Neighbors think I am crazy, I dont disagree 

IMG_0580.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pryme said:

What did you use to pad the corners? Soft foam tape?

I see you use fuel volume. It’s different from fuel level in tank so I actually stopped using volume when I saw fuel level. Not sure what the volume even is for?

also what is the tcc one bottom right? Is that the other added one with gear? Wonder if It will work with mine

Yes

I interpret it to mean gallons left. What it reads right now seems pretty close to what should be in that tank

Not sure exactly but it sounded like something I could use for transmission info. I have since relegated it to the 2nd page and replaced it with intake air temp. Everything is a work in progress at this point. 

I set a warning for oil psi below 25 and now the SG3 flashes red every time I shut the truck down. I may have to fine tune that one a little. 

90% of the use of this truck will be towing our fifth wheel. 

38 minutes ago, 64BAwagon said:

Yes

I interpret it to mean gallons left. What it reads right now seems pretty close to what should be in that tank

Not sure exactly but it sounded like something I could use for transmission info. I have since relegated it to the 2nd page and replaced it with intake air temp. Everything is a work in progress at this point. 

I set a warning for oil psi below 25 and now the SG3 flashes red every time I shut the truck down. I may have to fine tune that one a little. 

90% of the use of this truck will be towing our fifth wheel. 

I used intake air temp for awhile but realized it’s always the same as ambient temp so used something else. 
yeah it is a work in progress figuring out what you like for sure

• Like 1

It was especially helpful with my 2005 Duramax since the air intake and cooling system was a complete disaster. In hindsight I should have forced a buyback on it but between 2 jobs and taking care of my ailing Mother I didn't have the time to deal with it then.

I was able to make some low cost mods and then track my progress. This 2024 is light years ahead of that one as far as cooling and intake design. I love the truck but it was like a bad relative that cost me tons of money. 

Edited by 64BAwagon

8 hours ago, 64BAwagon said:

It was especially helpful with my 2005 Duramax since the air intake and cooling system was a complete disaster. In hindsight I should have forced a buyback on it but between 2 jobs and taking care of my ailing Mother I didn't have the time to deal with it then.

I was able to make some low cost mods and then track my progress. This 2024 is light years ahead of that one as far as cooling and intake design. I love the truck but it was like a bad relative that cost me tons of money. 

Ahhhh the old LLY. I loved my 05 but had the same experience with cooling problems. Never forgot the first time towing in the summer of 06 and seeing my trans temp at 220F immediately. I was only towing a 5k tandem car hauler 🤣🤣🤣🤦🏼‍♂️

• Sad 1

First time I pulled my 6k travel trailer with it on flat ground, 63 MPH clear day no wind 80 degrees and the fan was howling to keep the coolant temp under control. Mileage tanked to under 8MPG. I knew I had a problem. 4" exhaust minus cat, intake air ducting, EGR blocker plate and turbo inlet elbow from an LBZ along with "water wetter" in the coolant was the only way to keep it tolerable. Of course it cost me both head gaskets at 105k. Epic failure

• Sad 1

I had the 3500 dually lbz. 320000 miles when I sold it. I always replaced everything that was needed with ac delco parts. Truck was in perfect condition when I sold it. Only reason it was sold was because it did not have enough payload for me. Probably had a lot to do with the flatbed I and a friend built. I buy and sell truck campers as a hobby. These new truck have a great payload compared to the older ones. I would still have it otherwise, but I sure do like this one. Here is a pic of the new owners driving off.

20231001_174747.jpg

20230903_172841.jpg

20231001_175009.jpg

• Like 3