Power steering leak

I have a 2021 3500HD gas. I bought the truck new.  For the 3 Winters I've had it one or both of the power steering hoses develop a leak and need to be replaced. Any idea what might be causing these lines to fail. I can't believe it's the hose itself as I'm now about to replace them for the third time.

It could be the hoses, everything built during the COVID years were built with whatever parts manufacturers could get their hands on.  Some good, many not so good and lets not forget the employees assembling them under the stress and duress of COVID restrictions (masks, fear, deaths).  Many like me will never buy a COVID vehicle so the resale prices will also be less.  

3 hours ago, MORSNO said:

It could be the hoses, everything built during the COVID years were built with whatever parts manufacturers could get their hands on.  Some good, many not so good and lets not forget the employees assembling them under the stress and duress of COVID restrictions (masks, fear, deaths).  Many like me will never buy a COVID vehicle so the resale prices will also be less.  

Never heard anyone refer to vehicles made during the scamdemic as "covid vehicles." Learn something new every day 🤣🤣

19 hours ago, Michael Schulz said:

I have a 2021 3500HD gas. I bought the truck new.  For the 3 Winters I've had it one or both of the power steering hoses develop a leak and need to be replaced. Any idea what might be causing these lines to fail. I can't believe it's the hose itself as I'm now about to replace them for the third time.

How do they treat the winter roads where you live? I've always encountered some random corrosion issues with certain items on vehicles back when I lived up in MN and was wrenching.

10 hours ago, the8rotor said:

Never heard anyone refer to vehicles made during the scamdemic as "covid vehicles." Learn something new every day 🤣🤣

The same thing goes for campers.  The covid campers regardless of what brand were basically thrown together with hardly any QC.  That's why we bought a 23.  Much better assembly and not the problems our friends have with their 21 and 22 campers.  It really is like night and day when it comes to build quality and accessories like heaters and water pumps.  Oh and wiring issues too big time!!!  Ours has none of those issues thank goodness.  One more thing, the 3 of us all have the same exact campers built by Grand Design just different model years.  So this isn't a different manufacturer issue, this is a covid build issue for sure.

Edited by Jettech1
  • Like 2