New Owner questions.

Hey All,

I took ownership of a 2019 Silverado 1500 RST last night. Really happy so far with the exception of a few things, the auto/stop/amf which i got my answers from searching the forums, Seems a lot of people like the Pulsar? is that what i should be going with? I had a 2016 1500 previously and I got in Tuned from Trifecta Performance but it doesnt look like having AMF or auto stop tuned out of the truck is an option in this new one?. My second question Gearing, my 19 has 3.23s, my 16 had 3.43s. towing around the 8k mark a few times a year, (not enough to justify a diesel), can anyone shine some light on if i should swap gears to something else and if so, what? i was considering 3.55s or 3.73s, if this was an old truck with a 4 speed it would be 4.10s and call it a day, but im not sure what to do with the 8 speed.

Happy to be back in a bow tie!

3.23's with an 8 speed is like 3.42's with a 6 speed and 3.73's with a 4 speed.

The more gears the transmission has, the less that gear ratio matters, if that is a way of saying it. The 8 speed doesn't really require 3.42's or 3.73's to tow well because it has more gears inside the transmission that help with mechanical advantage. I know the MAX TOW package trucks will come with different gear ratios but honestly the 3.23's are fine for most applications.

Put the truck in tow haul mode and you can even select like manual 6th or 7th to keep it out of the final over drive gears. I've towed roughly 4-5k pounds when I borrowed my parents truck with an 8 speed and it did that weight with zero problems. Adding more weight wouldn't have made much difference where I was going.