1981 sierra 305engine no air conditioning,was making loud banging noises while driving would not go faster then 30 KLM and then it would not start or run again put new fuel filter and pump in and even a new battery but still no joy

william kowalski

Question

I have done everything I can think of now my signal lights wont work but my hazards do headlights work but I still cant get it to start,with new fuel pump and filter on the carb replaced I know its getting gas but it still wont start so Im thinking fuses and I dont have a clue which one I need to change for getting it running and keeping it running at a good speed and signal lights I hope I wont need to dig in the steering column .well thats about it If I cant figure it out by Wed I have a booking for the shop on thursday. So I hope you can help.thank you Liam.

3 answers to this question

Sounds to me like you blew your engine from your description. Lucky for you, a 350 crate upgrade is very affordable, unlike the newer LS engines. 

If you wanted to stick with the 305, that's even cheaper.

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Like 1

"Was making loud banging noises and wouldn't go over 30 KPH" ....

I think spark is the least of his worries.